Fastpass+ Swap between Party Members

DisneySwoosh

Original Poster
I'm planning a trip in a few weeks and there's confusion between the members of my group over whether we can switch MagicBands and go on the Fastpasses of the others. I don't think there is any way to tell who's who if you have the same bands, but I am aware there is the RFID chip in them. Does anyone know if the bands can be switched? Also, if the Cast Members can tell which from which, do they say you can't go on the ride? Thanks!

TheMouseFan

I'm planning a trip in a few weeks and there's confusion between the members of my group over whether we can switch MagicBands and go on the Fastpasses of the others. I don't think there is any way to tell who's who if you have the same bands, but I am aware there is the RFID chip in them. Does anyone know if the bands can be switched? Also, if the Cast Members can tell which from which, do they say you can't go on the ride? Thanks!
Your names do pop up on a screen when you scan your bands, but in my experience, as long as it is a valid FP+, they don't care if it is really your name or not. We were there a few weeks ago with a group of 10 (3 who were too short to ride EE) and I made FP+ for all 10 for EE, even though only 5 of us wanted to ride. We used our FP+, then rode again using the other 5 members FP+. Nobody said a word to us.

cw1982

Not only would they not care, but I doubt any CM's are paying close enough attention to even notice that the same person is going through twice unless there is literally no one else there that day.

Besides, for all they know, you could be using a floating fastpass from another ride being down, a rolling fastpass, etc. As long as the Mickey lights up green, they won't question it.

JohnD

It would be equivalent to grabbing multiple FASSPASS tickets for a ride. Let's say you grabbed three for SM and Mom decided she didn't want to ride. When you and Dad finished riding, you used her FASSPASS for a second ride. Using her MB wouldn't be any different. Her name would show up, but so what? There was already a FP+ reservation, then the MB was used. It expires in that hour anyway, might as well use it. But using it accomplishes another objective in FP+. You get through the first three FP+ choices sooner so that you can get to the kiosks sooner for your next FP+. (The assumes you can move up your second or third attractions sooner after using the previous FP+, or you just simply used up all FP+ reservations as soon as possible on the third attraction.)

Last edited:

stevehousse

Go right ahead as switch away! Our last trip we had to use baby swap a few times, thy basically leaving us with 1 unused FP. I would use the unused band and switch it to a ride or go on again. Never had anyone tell me no. And this was me wearing my green band on my arm and just holding my wife's pink band to scan!

Mista C

Yup, you can switch. My family of three all had FP's for Everest at AK and my wife and daughter did not want to ride, so I rode solo using my band, then got off, took my wife's band and went right back on. Then when I got off the second time, I proceeded to puke in the nearest bathroom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom