FastPass Suggestions

mahnamahna101

Epcot
  1. Soarin' (Tier 1 - Test Track has single rider if your party is willing to split up. Soarin' doesn't)
  2. Spaceship Earth
  3. Mission Space - Orange (if you're up for it) or anything else if not!
The Epcot attractions beyond the big 3 usually have no more than 20-25 minute waits.

DHS
  1. TSMM (Tier 1 - RnRC has single rider if you're willing to split up. Plus, TSMM has far longer waits on average)
  2. ToT (GMR has no more than a 30 min wait all day, so ToT is a better investment)
  3. Star Tours
AK
  1. Kilimanjaro Safaris
  2. Kali River Rapids
  3. Expedition Everest
MK (hard because of how many directions you can go)
  1. I'd suggest all three mountains. But make sure the times are done by 2pm-ish. Then, you can make more FP+ reservations, one at a time. MK can potentially give you 5-12 FPs, depending on your timing and savvy with the Disney Experience app.
  • Space
  • Splash
  • Big Thunder
  • Jungle Cruise
  • HM
  • Barnstormer
  • Speedway
  • Laugh Floor
I would suggest this as a game-plan for FP+ because:
You'll get all three mountains in
SDMT is near-impossible to get a FP for
Jungle Cruise gets a 50-70 min wait during peak season, but isn't something generally reserved for FP+
HM is the same these days
Barnstormer gets 30-45 min waits at peak periods - a FP should be easy to get
Speedway is the same
Laugh Floor can get a 15-20 min wait if the park is swamped during a thunderstorm. A FP+ will let you walk right on without waiting for the next show to end

If you can miraculously snag FPs for Buzz, Peter Pan or SDMT, take the chance! POTC is also a good grab. I wouldn't recommend Pooh, IASW or Mermaid since they have pretty short lines all day. Dumbo and Tea Cups are the same.

SAV

Epcot: Soarin' - Test Track at least has something to do once you are inside and in-line. Soarin' line is so borin'.
Turtle Talk with Crush if you have smaller kids
Spaceship Earth - It is usually a short line after the initial rush of the day, but why not just get one.

AK: Kilimanjaro Safari - Get it for as close to opening as you can since there are more animals out early.
Expedition Everest
Kali River Rapids - Get this one in the hot afternoon for a nice cool down, but not right before an indoor show.
Dinosaur!
I don't normally get them for FOLK or Nemo since the line isn't ever that ridiculous.

DHS: Toy Story Midway Mania - A must or the line is at least 75 minutes.
Star Tours - The line usually thins out later in the day, but it's a great ride to go on multiple times.
Tower of Terror or Great Movie Ride

MK: 7 Dwarfs Mine Train - Difficult to get, so this is one to try for on your last MK day of the trip first. Then work your way backwards on your MK days.
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain - Another one to do in the hot afternoon to cool down.

twinmom34

Original Poster
I keep reading "after you've used your first 3 fastpassses or 4pm (whichever is later), try for..."

Does that mean I have to use my 3 early reservation fastpasses before I can get another one?

mahnamahna101

I keep reading "after you've used your first 3 fastpassses or 4pm (whichever is later), try for..."

Does that mean I have to use my 3 early reservation fastpasses before I can get another one?
You use your first 3 and then you can get more, one at a time, after that.

The best thing to do is schedule all 3 for the morning. 9am-12pm. After you use the 9am one, check the MDE app to see if you can move your 2nd reservation forward. Then head to the 2nd one. Do the same process for your 3rd.

This only really works at MK and Epcot. AK and DHS have so few FP+ offerings, so 3 is all you can really expect. If you get a 4th, it would most likely be something like MuppetVision or B&TB or Primeval Whirl.

MK is best for getting extra FP+ because they'll always have at least a couple 9pm-12am FP+ reservations available since guests want to see the MSEP and watch Wishes, or head home. If you time it right, you could get 6-8 FP+ reservations for MK. 3 initially, and then 3-5 more throughout the afternoon and evening.

Epcot is similar, because beyond the big 3 (TT, Soarin', MS), nothing truly requires a FP+ so you could definitely get 5 or 6 (Soarin', SSE, Nemo, Living With the Land, Turtle Talk, Character Spot, Captain EO/MS - Orange)

osucbsb

I don't if it works for everyone else, but at the MK we had our fastpasses in the late morning and afternoon. When we got to the park (rope drop), we would go left and hit POC, Splash, BTMR, and HM before they got busy. In the first 90 minutes in the park, we had ridden 6 rides. We rode Splash and BTMR twice, POC once, HM once, and then headed to our first fastpasses. It worked out great for us, since Splash and BTMR are our 2 favorite rides.

Over 2 days at MK, our initial fastpasses were for 7DMT (2), Space Mountain, Splash, BTMR, and Peter Pan. I was a little worried how to plan our day when you do it 60 days out, but it really was a good system for us.

At Epcot, we had fastpasses for Soarin', Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. We went straight to Test Track at rope drop.

mahnamahna101

I don't if it works for everyone else, but at the MK we had our fastpasses in the late morning and afternoon. When we got to the park (rope drop), we would go left and hit POC, Splash, BTMR, and HM before they got busy. In the first 90 minutes in the park, we had ridden 6 rides. We rode Splash and BTMR twice, POC once, HM once, and then headed to our first fastpasses. It worked out great for us, since Splash and BTMR are our 2 favorite rides.

Over 2 days at MK, our initial fastpasses were for 7DMT (2), Space Mountain, Splash, BTMR, and Peter Pan. I was a little worried how to plan our day when you do it 60 days out, but it really was a good system for us.

At Epcot, we had fastpasses for Soarin', Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. We went straight to Test Track at rope drop.
The great thing about MK is that there's plenty of FPs available for major attractions all day (except the Mountains and SDMT)

Head to SDMT at rope-drop
Peter Pan FP
Space Mountain FP (once in stand-by, once with FP)
Splash Mountain FP
Big Thunder

Then after that, pick up FPs for the following throughout the day (anytime):
Jungle Cruise
POTC
HM
Pooh
Mermaid
Buzz
IASW
Barnstormer
Speedway

Tinkerbell M&G, Ariel's Grotto, Philharmagic, Dumbo, Tea Party and Laugh Floor also have them all day. If you split your party, Cinderella/Rapunzel isn't too hard either.

You can also find nighttime Big Thunder FPs until around 7pm-7:30pm.

JasonDeyoung

I do the exact same except I make my FP+ for later around evening or night time. I usually do like you and rope drop and hit everything early a few times and by time I'm done it's usually around 11-12 ish and time to head out for a bit while it gets crowded

Ariel4711

I do the exact same except I make my FP+ for later around evening or night time. I usually do like you and rope drop and hit everything early a few times and by time I'm done it's usually around 11-12 ish and time to head out for a bit while it gets crowded

I'm currently planning our very first trip to WDW (yay!!!) and have a bazillion questions. (I'm starting to think I'm overthinking this lol)

Does this mean that before 11ish the park won't be that crowded? I can't get our FP+ reservations for a few months (staying at AOA in Dec), but I'm already stressing it. I know my youngest is going to want to meet A&E and Ariel, and I've been told I will def need a FP+ for A&E, but I'm worried about then not getting a FP+ for a ride.
If we go at rope drop (we will have 8am ADR for our day in MK) will I be ok if I make FP+ later in the day and take advantage of it being early, or will lines at 7DMT and etc already be crazy?

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my complicated question! ;)

JasonDeyoung

I'm currently planning our very first trip to WDW (yay!!!) and have a bazillion questions. (I'm starting to think I'm overthinking this lol)

Does this mean that before 11ish the park won't be that crowded? I can't get our FP+ reservations for a few months (staying at AOA in Dec), but I'm already stressing it. I know my youngest is going to want to meet A&E and Ariel, and I've been told I will def need a FP+ for A&E, but I'm worried about then not getting a FP+ for a ride.
If we go at rope drop (we will have 8am ADR for our day in MK) will I be ok if I make FP+ later in the day and take advantage of it being early, or will lines at 7DMT and etc already be crazy?

Thank you in advance to anyone who answers my complicated question! ;)
A&E and 7DMT are usually two of the faster lines to get pretty long. I've always gone at rope drop and other go directly to Adv Land and work my way around the park and lines are usually not long because ppl go straight to A&E or Mine Train. I have heard A&E is FP only with limited stand by allowed but I could be wrong, I don't go to that meet and greet so I'm not 100% on it. I have found in all my visits that going right at rope drop you get a lot more done and like I said I am usually all done with rides by 11-12 which around that time he park does get pretty busy. You might be able to still go straight to A&E at rope drop , thy were having major issues with crowd control at rope drop cause of that meet and greet so I thought it changed but like I said I could be wrong. I e gotten in mine train around 9ish with no horrible lines. But do keep in mind, depending when in December you are going lines and parks could be busier. I also love the parks more at evening & night time which is y I make FP later on. It all depends on how you wanna do it. Some like to use their FP early on so u can get more after you use the first 3. If u go at rope drop you usually don't even need a FP eay on. I don't think I've used a FP in the morning in quite some time to be honest. But that's all on what you want to do

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

#1 Priority Any Day:
Mk: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Epcot: Soarin'
Ak: Kilimanjaro Safari
Hws: Toy Story Midway Mania!

Secondary Fastpass+ Tier Above 85 degrees:
Mk: Splash Mountain
Epcot: Test Track (or just use single rider)
Ak: Kali River Rapids
Hws: Rockin' Roller Coaster

Secondary Fastpass+ Tier Below 85 degrees:
Mk: Space Mountain
Epcot: Test Track (or just use single rider)
Ak: Expedition Everest
Hws: The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror!

HWS: (Do not get a fastpass+ for Star Tours simply go on it after 8:30pm, or go on when it is raining. There are ZERO people on it when it rains ironically the rain never really affects the outdoor Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.)

HWS: (Do not get a fastpass+ and go to second showing of Fantasmic! No matter what even with toddlers they can stay awake late for 1 night also it is not worth it to wait in line without a fastpass+ for hours to realize you cannot get in the first showing. Therefor just do not get a fastpass+ and go to the later less crowded second showing.)

Epcot: (Do not get a fastpass+ for Spaceship Earth it rarely gets above 15 minutes, and NEVER even on crazy busy days goes above 30, instead opt for Either Living With The Land, or IROE fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom