Fastpass questions, help please!

JudeBarnes

Original Poster
After having visited Disneyland California many, many times, we are now going to try Disneyworld.
It seems the fastpass system is somewhat different, so I have some questions, I am really hoping someone out there can answer these:
My situtation: Party of 15 about to reserve fastpasses 30 days in advance. We have non-hopper tickets and can only visit each park for one day (4 total days, no water parks). The days will be a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, then skipping weekend and then last day a Monday.
1. We are unsure which park to visit first, any advice on order, based on crowds and/or our general unfamiliarity with the different parks.
2. When we are online and reserving the fastpasses, is there a strategy to which ones to reserve first (tier 1 vs. tier 2, etc.) -- Is it wiser to quickly book the tier 1 ride first to get the earliest time and do the tier2 rides later?
3. Is there any advantage at all to NOT booking any tier2 rides, such that we would be allowed to get another tier1 more quickly while in the park?
4. Once the fastpasses are booked, I understand that our fastpass choices can be changed later, however, I assume, the time slot would be re-adjusted and most likely be later in the day, correct? Meaning, its fairly important, is it not, to really commit to what we choose without changing it?
5. Can anyone clarify the system as far as when we can get more fastpasses while in the park while we have our previously reserved 3 active? For example, if the system lets us book (30 days in advance) one tier1 ride at 9:30am and two tier2 rides at 10:30 and 11:30 am, does that mean , after 9:30 passes on the day at the park, are we allowed to then go and attempt to get another fastpass? Or is it after all three have been used ? -- and does that mean that if we wouldn't be able to get new fastpasses until after 11:30 am?
Sorry if I seem long winded. This is more complex than I thought it would be!

DaisyDoesDisney

You book Fast Pass 3 per day all at the same time. If you don't choose 3 at once (just 1 or 2) the system will just pick something for you for a total of 3. All 3 have to be at the same park. You can not get more until after you use all 3 for a given day (or until the final time slot passes if you end up not using them). Once booked, you can change the time slot or even change the experience chosen within the same time slot based on what is available. There are prompts that will walk you through what to do when you choose the "Update Fast Pass" option.

DaisyDoesDisney

In regard to getting additional FPs for Tier A rides in Epcot and Hollywood Studios- like I said you have to initially take 3 Fast Passes, 1 Tier A and 2 Tier B but you could go back in later and cancel both of the Tier B choices and just keep the Tier A choice and move it up to the earliest time slot still available. Then when you're in the park and you use that Tier A, afterward you'll be able to book another if available.

DaisyDoesDisney

You're welcome :)
In my opinion, Tough to Be a Bug and Finding Nemo-The Musical would be poor uses for Fast Pass. The exception might be if you must see TTBAB in the early afternoon when the park is most crowded and everyone wants a few minutes of air conditioning but I've never waited long to get in to either. Both seat a lot of people at once. Just arrive shortly before the next showing. There is a schedule for Nemo on one of the handouts at the park entrance.

EDIT: Not sure what happened here but I appear to have responded to a question that has now disappeared. Sorry for any confusion.

CAPTAIN HOOK

3. Is there any advantage at all to NOT booking any tier2 rides, such that we would be allowed to get another tier1 more quickly while in the park?
You have to book 3 (1 Tier 1 and 2 Tier 2)

4. Once the fastpasses are booked, I understand that our fastpass choices can be changed later, however, I assume, the time slot would be re-adjusted and most likely be later in the day, correct? Meaning, its fairly important, is it not, to really commit to what we choose without changing it?
Once you've made your initial selection of 3, you can change the attractions and times to suit yourself (provided that there is still the availability)

For example, if the system lets us book (30 days in advance) one tier1 ride at 9:30am and two tier2 rides at 10:30 and 11:30 am, does that mean , after 9:30 passes on the day at the park, are we allowed to then go and attempt to get another fastpass? Or is it after all three have been used ? -- and does that mean that if we wouldn't be able to get new fastpasses until after 11:30 am?
You can select your 4th FP after you have either used your first three OR the time slot for the third FP has gone.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
As far as order, that depends on the dates (that is a major factor in crowd levels).

But, based on what you described, I'd do MK, EP, HS, AK, in that order.

JudeBarnes

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all your help and thoughts on this --
The dates would be AUG 12,13,14, and 17. (W,Th,F, and M)
I am leaning towards AK for day one only because it seems to close earlier -- I figure that since we will have a lot of kids in the party and being the first day after travel a lot of them will be too tired to spend much more than till 6 or 7pm. Maybe then leave AK get a bite to eat, pool, then to bed early for the next full day.

NonnaT

No FP+ advice, but some park advice... Check on a few sites for crowd calendars to pick your park days BEFORE you book your FP+. And I especially wouldn't do MK on a Monday, it is traditionally the busiest park on Mondays. August is a busy month and the crowds can make a huge difference on your plans and fun. WDW is a whole 'nother animal, IMHO, than DL and CA...

SAV

The dates would be AUG 12,13,14, and 17. (W,Th,F, and M)

The crowd calendar I looked at(easywdw.com) shows the most recommended parks on those days to be:

12 - MK or Epcot
13 - Epcot or AK
14 - DHS, MK and AK
17 - AK or Epcot.

So I would do MK on the 12th, Epcot on the 13th, DHS on the 14th and AK on the 17th.

SAV

You also mention strategy for the FP+'s. There are several different thoughts on this. Some people like to get to the park at rope drop and do some of the attractions without FP+ for the first hour or 2. Then they book their FP+'s for the busier mid afternoon times. Others like to book their FP+'s for right away in the morning and use all 3 as soon as they can and then continue to reserve others throughout the day.

I fall into the latter category. I book mine, use them and get additional.

It really depends on your group and if you will be able to get all 15 of them there at opening(meaning 30 minutes before actual park opening so you are in line before the masses show up) to take advantage of the shorter lines at that time. I prefer to book it early and use that as the incentive that we "have to get there or lose the FP+" that we booked.

LdyApxr

We are a DLR family too(being NorCal people) and May is our first trip to WDW but thankfully we are only a party of 4! LOL Welcome to the board and I am getting good info from this thread too!

After having visited Disneyland California many, many times, we are now going to try Disneyworld.
It seems the fastpass system is somewhat different, so I have some questions, I am really hoping someone out there can answer these:
My situtation: Party of 15 about to reserve fastpasses 30 days in advance. We have non-hopper tickets and can only visit each park for one day (4 total days, no water parks). The days will be a Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, then skipping weekend and then last day a Monday.
1. We are unsure which park to visit first, any advice on order, based on crowds and/or our general unfamiliarity with the different parks.
2. When we are online and reserving the fastpasses, is there a strategy to which ones to reserve first (tier 1 vs. tier 2, etc.) -- Is it wiser to quickly book the tier 1 ride first to get the earliest time and do the tier2 rides later?
5. Can anyone clarify the system as far as when we can get more fastpasses while in the park while we have our previously reserved 3 active? For example, if the system lets us book (30 days in advance) one tier1 ride at 9:30am and two tier2 rides at 10:30 and 11:30 am, does that mean , after 9:30 passes on the day at the park, are we allowed to then go and attempt to get another fastpass? Or is it after all three have been used ? -- and does that mean that if we wouldn't be able to get new fastpasses until after 11:30 am?
Sorry if I seem long winded. This is more complex than I thought it would be!

I tell you, from my experience they are 15 years for 18 consecutive days each year Disney World.

The first is to note that you have only three fast pass. Until agotes three fast pass can not choose more. First choose the top three fast pass before the parade at noon. And once you finish the last fast pass goes to a kiosk fast pass or by application of Disney in the mobile. (Iphone). Step fastpass recommend that if worthwhile and others not.

Magic Kingdom:

- Princess Frozen (need not to die queuing)
- Tinkerbell (super glue ... god takes the fast pass)
- Mermaid (not much tail can be supported)
- Peter Pan's Flight (takes fastpass)
- Spice Mountain (takes Fastpass)
- Splash Mountain (takes Fastpass)
- Big Thunder mouantain Rail Road (Takes Fastpass)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (takes fastpass)

Fastpass order. Fastpass first batch ordered by proximity and time to get better performance.
1. Frozen
2. Peters flight's Plan
3. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

Second round if that might get them out early before the parade bring forth other three.
4. Tinkerbell
5. Spice Mountain
6. Little Mermaid

Third tanda.- Before the second ride, after it but before the wishes
7. Splash Mountain
8. Big Thunder

The rest in magic kingdom queues are not very high.

We passed EPCOT

The system is the same way to get by runs.

First batch of fast pass.
1. Soarin (takes fastpass)
2. Test Track (pulls Fast pass)
3. Character (they are all in one place, pulls fast pass ... or not see anything Epcot)

The other attractions you can enjoy smooth lines.

We now turn to Animal Kindgom

First batch of fastpass
1. Everest
2. Dinosaur
3. Kilimanjaro Safaris

Second round
4. Kali River Rapids

Finally, MGM (Hollywood Studios).

First batch
1. Toy Story Mania (THIS THE FIRST ...)
2. Hollywood Tower Hotel
3. Rock and roll coaster

Second round
4. Fantasmic
The rest can access without problems.

I hope I helped you.

SAV

First batch of fast pass.
1. Soarin (takes fastpass)
2. Test Track (pulls Fast pass)
3. Character (they are all in one place, pulls fast pass ... or not see anything Epcot)

Finally, MGM (Hollywood Studios).
First batch
1. Toy Story Mania (THIS THE FIRST ...)
2. Hollywood Tower Hotel
3. Rock and roll coaster

I'm a little confused by your entire post, but I found these problems and wanted to point them out.

At Epcot and DHS, there are tiers to the attractions. So in your "first batch" you can't have Soarin and Test Track at Epcot & at DHS you can't have Toy Story and Rock 'N Roller Coaster. You will need to pick one of the 2 and hope that you can get one with your 4th, 5th, etc.

The 4th, 5th, 6th, etc. FP+ can only be selected at a kiosk at this point. That may change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom