FastPass+ - Question on additional FP

Mr. Toad

Original Poster
I haven't used FP+ since they added the ability to get additional FP after you use the first three for the day. I understand that I need to go to a kiosk in the park to get another FP.

However, if I am in EPCOT and I go to a kiosk and get an additional FP (say for Soarin') can I then use the MDE app to switch it to a FP in Magic Kingdom?

My intent would be to get a FP at a kiosk when heading back to the hotel in the early afternoon and then switch it to whatever park I was going to be in that evening before actually arriving at that park.

coltow

I hate that you have to go to kiosk. Seems like they really want folks to use MDE as much as possible so why make ppl go to kiosks for those additional Fps, annoying

docdebbi

I hate that you have to go to kiosk. Seems like they really want folks to use MDE as much as possible so why make ppl go to kiosks for those additional Fps, annoying

IMHO because they don't really want people to be able to get a fourth, fifth, sixth.......but want to be able to claim that they gave you the ability.

Mr. Toad

Original Poster
It might also be to keep access to the additional FPs on a level playing field. For the initial 3 you have multiple ways to setup your FPs prior to arriving (any computer, tablet, or smartphone). However, once you are in the parks, if you don't have a mobile device with MDE installed you would sort of be at a disadvantage compared to people with mobile devices.

Forcing people to use the kiosks would remove this advantage.

Personally, even though I don't carry a smartphone with me in the parks and would still be using the kiosks, I hope they change this to allow the additional FPs from MDE. It should help with lines at the kiosks and seems to make sense with the overall direction they are heading with their technology.

cw1982

As far as the "why" aspect of not having the extra FP option on the app, rumor is that is coming... just no one knows when. Some of the tech gurus who frequent these boards have speculated that it has something to do with the complexity of making the function work properly across different platforms. Whatever the case, I'd be surprised if this doesn't change eventually.

I will say this much about the kiosks: there are generally several people working the kiosks at a time, so even when the lines look long, they tend to go pretty quickly (or at least that was my experience).

sjhym333

I heard Disney is also currently trying to figure out if and how Cast Members will be able/allowed to access FP+. Which adds a whole new wrinkle to the system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom