FastPass+ Poll Result

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I was listening to the most recent Dis Unplugged podcast and the gave the results of a poll they did amongst their listeners about FastPass+. The question was:

"Based on you experience or what you have learned so far do you think Fastpass+ will make your experience in the parks better, worse, have no impact, or waiting to see."

They got 1200 responses and here are the results:

40% Worse
34% Waiting to see
19% Better
7% No Impact

Anyone who know the DIS Unplugged/DIS Boards audience knows that they tend to be a pretty pro-Disney group, which makes these results even more telling.

Graham9

Unfortunately, I missed this and would have liked to have voted.

Assuming the majority vote is 'Worse', what is WDW likely to do about it (apart from nothing)?

I'm still on the "waiting to see" fence. I've gone many times off peak and it has been fine. The real test for me comes from the upcoming peak times.

hull327

Now let's take bets on whether or not Disney does anything about it. FP+ is my single biggest fear for our December 2014 trip. I'm envisioning I only get my 3 rides a day and the rest is spent stuck in a standby line.

Now let's take bets on whether or not Disney does anything about it. FP+ is my single biggest fear for our December 2014 trip. I'm envisioning I only get my 3 rides a day and the rest is spent stuck in a standby line.

If you're going around Christmas, you have reasonable expectations!

Matt

Logan and Olivia's dad
Premium Member
Whenever we're not at WDW, we're quasi-planning our next trip, whenever it may be. FP+ is the thing we talk/worry about the most. Probably going to wait until the fall/early winter to see how it goes.

hull327

This data mining has made vacationing at WDW almost unfun. The point of a vacation is to go unwind without having to overthink the whole thing. Now we've been reduced to booking restaurants months in advance, booking MNSSHP/MVMCP parties in advance and now we have to book rides in advance just to make sure we get a chance to ride it. I could stay at work and save thousands of dollars and not have this much hassle planning stuff.

stevehousse

It would be interesting to see in that poll the number of people who have actually used the new system as opossed to just what they have been hearing on the Internet about it and voted for the worse option...

To me, having used it, I don't think it really takes away or makes things better or worse...it was nice to not have to run around the park for FPs but other than that it really didnt affect or change our park experience at all. Wait times were the usual. If u go to the parks a lot, you know which rides have the long lines already. It just bugs me that every time a ride has a wait time it's now automatically blamed on FP+!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Well FP+ made 2 trips last year miserable and its now working it's malign magic on this trip as well, It seems that once again the system does not recognize premier passes as valid admission media so even though DW has set up a WDW trip that I don't want to go on because I spent the LAST TWO at GR debugging admission media and MB issues.

System once again does not think we are eligible for MB even though we are within the 60 day window.

Joy oh Joy the MB has made vacation so much more MAGICAL.

Rodneyt74

Dont' worry about your trip on Dec 1-7.. My wife and I have went 2 out of last 3 years during first week of dec. Lines are short and easy to ride what ever you want. Just pick 3 of normally longer lines.. Peter pan, space mountain etc.. The others will almost be walk on.. 5 to 15 mins for most.. We have plenty of time to ride everything we wanted and plenty of time to see shows, fireworks, parades etc.. Make sure to do the Christmas party one night.. For me its well worth extra admission.. We really enjoy it..

We had two pretty bad trips with fastpass last year, but the Christmas trip was little better dec 2013 and then we just got back Monday from a weeks trip and have to say the fastpass+ and magicbands worked perfect for us the whole week.

Ben_since_1971

I agree that the poll question was useless. You have two groups of people - those who have used it ('your experience') and those who haven't ('what you have learned'). Given that it is human nature on message boards to trash rather than praise, overall impression of FP+ will definitely be negative. HOWEVER, from those who have used it (myself included), it is not the final piece of the puzzle that will throw TWDC into an unrecoverable death spiral. Is it perfect? No. Do people have legitimate gripes? Absolutely. But just remember that legacy FP was equally derided as being un-Disney and against everything that made a WDW vacation special. And what is everyone griping about now????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom