FastPass Plus, Magic Bands, and swapping FP's

GHC1

Original Poster
I have been online for an hour and can't find a solid answer on this. Thank you for any help. We leave for WDW in a few days and are beyond excited!

So, in the past with traditional FastPasses, Gma and Gpa got them and the grandkids used them. After all, Gma and Gpa have to pay for a full ticket but don't ride...so they are theirs to give away.

This time they want to do the same and we have reserved a bunch of FP+'s on everyone's magicbands. So to do the same thing with the FP's do we just swap bands? I guess that would work as once you are in the park it doesn't matter right? And all will open the hotel doors as well right? Just might be odd to have Gpa's name on the band my daughter uses...?

Help?

GHC1

Original Poster
Just swap bands.

Thanks. Yeah, that's all I can think of.

But Gma and Gpa are insistent on this as they will only ride Small World or a few select others but feel they paid for a full ticket and want the kids to be able to use their FP's. I agree with that logic. Maybe WDW should offer a "No Ride" ticket at a discount for the grandparents. That way this wouldn't be an issue, Gma and Gpa would save money, and all could still be part of the action. As it is, we want to try and use all these FP's up and as you said, I guess that just swapping bands will be best. It will be amusing if they catch my daugter (Anna) with her Gpa (John's) MagicBand...but I did find one thread that said CM's won't say a word if they see this occurring.

spacemountain89

The only thing you have to worry about is being called your grandparents name when you show up to the attraction you have a FP to but it is totally fine to switch bands

Tuvalu

The only thing you have to worry about is being called your grandparents name when you show up to the attraction you have a FP to but it is totally fine to switch bands
I really wish they would not call out peoples name. I dont even like when they call out my Resort during emhs
We were in the parks for a week last month and not once did anyone call us by name at any of the FP+ touch points.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

I'm sure swapping bands is not an issue. Our names have never been checked or called out, so we could just as well have been wearing someone else's bands and noone would have known!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom