FastPass+ issues today?

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
So MDE and Website is not allowing me to confirm available FP+ this morning. Call to "help" line is 60+ minutes so something is up

nickys

Premium Member
So MDE and Website is not allowing me to confirm available FP+ this morning. Call to "help" line is 60+ minutes so something is up

I've seen this posted elsewhere too.

Nothing that tells me what's up I'm afraid. On the bright side, no one else will be able to book either. Hope it gets fixed soon.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
I've seen this posted elsewhere too.

Nothing that tells me what's up I'm afraid. On the bright side, no one else will be able to book either. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Somebody must be getting in because the available times keep changing but when I hit "confirm" it crashes.

SAV

I have been on since 7am EST trying to get my FP+ for August 2nd and having the same issues.

I was able to secure 3 FP+'s after trying and trying and trying. It's very sporadic to say the least. It is also allowing me to change the times to earlier in the day on some of them.

At this point I have BTMRR at 10:30am, Splash at 3:25 and 7DMT at 8:25pm. I'm really wanting to get 7DMT earlier if at all possible. I wouldn't mind moving Splash earlier as well.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
I've been able to secure FP+ for Soarin the morning of 9/3. Its irritating that the times are there and when you confirm it errors out. I understand its a busy weekend to book for but this ridiculous.

SAV

I was just able to get 7DMT moved an hour earlier to 7:20pm. And Splash moved to 12:35pm. So just keep trying.

I also got a pop up on MDE that they are having issues with FP+ and you can't book new or modify.

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
I was able to get 7DMT and BTMR at a decent hour then actually lucked into a FOP for Sunday night so pretty decent all things considered.

PeakSeason

I was really disappointed with this this morning. 7AM is normally a very busy time for me so I got up at 4AM just so I could get a jump on the day and be able to sit at the computer to do Fastpasses for our September trip. My experience was similar to what everyone is saying, couldn't confirm selected Fastpasses, and then everything would just lock up. Eventually I had to give up and tend to other responsibilities.
I was able to get on the app mid afternoon and got most of what we wanted but we won't be experiencing Slinky Dog. I guess I should be used to the system having glitches whenever things are extra busy due to new attractions or newly released discounts, but this time it really annoyed me, mostly because I got up so early and was well prepared on my end.

crxbrett

I was really disappointed with this this morning. 7AM is normally a very busy time for me so I got up at 4AM just so I could get a jump on the day and be able to sit at the computer to do Fastpasses for our September trip. My experience was similar to what everyone is saying, couldn't confirm selected Fastpasses, and then everything would just lock up. Eventually I had to give up and tend to other responsibilities.
I was able to get on the app mid afternoon and got most of what we wanted but we won't be experiencing Slinky Dog. I guess I should be used to the system having glitches whenever things are extra busy due to new attractions or newly released discounts, but this time it really annoyed me, mostly because I got up so early and was well prepared on my end.

That really sucks and is unfortunate. Don't give up hope! Keep checking the app twice a day until you go for Slink Dog FP+s! Stuff can open up or they can add more with no notice.

And I am actually at DL this coming weekend and am setting my alarm for 3:30AM so I can jump on my laptop in the hotel room and book my FP+s for DW! LOL I am hoping it doesn't glitch out and am thinking Sat morning is probably the best day of the week for my 60-day window to fall on since a lot of people don't normally get up early on Sat morning unlike during the week.

PeakSeason

That really sucks and is unfortunate. Don't give up hope! Keep checking the app twice a day until you go for Slink Dog FP+s! Stuff can open up or they can add more with no notice.

And I am actually at DL this coming weekend and am setting my alarm for 3:30AM so I can jump on my laptop in the hotel room and book my FP+s for DW! LOL I am hoping it doesn't glitch out and am thinking Sat morning is probably the best day of the week for my 60-day window to fall on since a lot of people don't normally get up early on Sat morning unlike during the week.
I think there's a good chance that you'll have better luck. Those of us booking today for 60 days out are starting our vacations on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I think that's part of the problem. I hope you enjoy BOTH of your trips :)

crxbrett

I think there's a good chance that you'll have better luck. Those of us booking today for 60 days out are starting our vacations on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I think that's part of the problem. I hope you enjoy BOTH of your trips :)

Yeah, I forgot about that. And thanks! Hope you have fun at WDW on your trip as well!

DisDadWoz

Original Poster
Remember the days when getting ready for a trip to Walt Disney World didn’t require waking up at 4am to secure ride reservation times months before the trip?
Or just making a normal dinner reservation. Ahhh, the good ol days. Now it's a science with flowcharts, spreadsheets and eight different pieces of technology needed.

TheDuke

Got up to do it early today and it's not working. I've had issues in the middle of the day so it's not just that it's a high traffic time. It worked fine and I never had any trouble at all until last month. Won't work on mobile or my computer. You'd think with all their money they'd be able to operate a web page.

KBLovedDisney

Got up to do it early today and it's not working. I've had issues in the middle of the day so it's not just that it's a high traffic time. It worked fine and I never had any trouble at all until last month. Won't work on mobile or my computer. You'd think with all their money they'd be able to operate a web page.
I think they need to downsize the main website, make it more straight forward with direct selection buttons without animations.

TheDuke

Can't we go back to the "good old days" two months ago where the FP interface wasn't down every single morning? What a waste of time.

Edit- 4 PM and FP+ has been down all day, I've checked other people talking about it online so it's not just me. This is pathetic, they've got to do better than this. This is worse for people who essentially payed a premium to get early access by staying at the resorts who now have no idea when its going to come back online and are essentially losing that advantage.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom