Fastpass+ is making me feel dumb

LAM378

Original Poster
Hi all,

And maybe I AM dumb, but I've got a couple questions about FP+. The website is such a convoluted mess, I have to go through 5 screens to change something and by the time I get there, I forget what I wanted to change. ACK. Anyway, I've been searching the threads for my issues but can't find a clear answer.

Regarding child swap--I'll be there with my dad, brother, and son. Let's say all 3 adults want to ride Soarin'. Do I book all FOUR of us, even though my son won't ride? He's old/tall enough but he'll freak if I take him on it. So, do we all get in line, and then my brother and I ride while my dad waits with my son? Okay, then my brother and I get off, but when it's my dad's turn to ride, does he have to ride alone, or can my brother or myself ride with him even though we've already used our FP?

I'm sure I'm missing something, because I just don't get it.

Also, I can't find Wishes, MSEP or Illuminations as a FP selection, not on any nights of my trip. None of 'em. At first I assumed this was because the FPs were all taken already, but then I noticed a couple other FP+ attractions weren't free, but were available on a standby basis. This isn't the case here, they're just straight up not showing up in my list of FP possibilities.

This is giving me a headache. Thank you guys for any help!
-- Lauren

officialtom

I absolutely love the idea of the system, but I agree that it's a bit of a convoluted mess right now. I hope version 2 will see a big improvement.

Re: your question about getting all four fastpasses - yes, that what I've had to do. Book everyone for all four, then change or delete the non-riders individually. Takes a while but it works eventually.

Betsyboo

I don't believe the FPP for Wishes, Illuminations etc. open up until much less than the 60 days out. For me, I'd already booked everything but only came across them when I made a couple of changes closer to time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom