FastPass Help

yensid67

Original Poster
OK I am not up to speed on everything with FP...it just makes me confused! But here is my situation and then you can chime into give me advice of what to do!

A friend and I are going together, staying in the same room OFF PROPERTY. We are buying our Disney tickets and will each have a 2 day ticket. I have a MDE account and so does she, but we will want FP's for the same attractions so we can ride together. How do I do that!?
I read on here somewhere that I can link both tickets through my MDE account and select the same FP's for each ticket!? Is that the way I am understanding it? So she wouldn't need to have a MDE account then(or use hers)!?!? If you can give me any SIMPLE advice of what to do so we each get the same FP's on each of our tickets, I would appreciate it!

stevehousse

You should both make an account and then "link" your accounts together. That way you will both be able to log in and make FP selections and changes for the both of you.

I say to make seperate accounts because if you want to travel to wdw again and you aren't with that person, you would have to have their account info to be able to access your own information, etc.

Since you are staying offsite, you can make FP selections at 30 days out.

Tom

Beta Return
I agree with @stevehousse - each of you create your own My Disney Experience account. Since you're both adults, and there's no guarantee that you will ALWAYS travel to WDW with each other, it's best for all adults to have their own account. Even my wife and I have complete individual profiles.

Then, each of you link your own tickets to your own MDE accounts. So, she links her ticket to her MDE. You link yours to your MDE.

Then, use Friends & Family to link your accounts together for this vacation. It will allow you to send her an e-mail invite, and vice versa.

Once that's done, and you're within your 30-day window, log on to one of your MDE accounts (on a computer, not the app) and make FP+ reservations. It should show both of you as options when choosing which guests to apply them to.

yensid67

Original Poster
OK, I understand about using separate MDE accounts, but we only travel together and this will probably be our last trip...that being said, if I use my MDE account and link both our tickets to my account, then I can book 3 FP's EACH for each ticket?(we don't live together and I think it would be kinda a pain to try to coordinate FP's online while on the phone!?) We will want to ride the same rides together, so is this the best way to do this!? I am sorry if I seem to repeat, but I really don't know how to do this...we've only gone to WDW 1 other time and stayed away from FP because of this reason, hence we didn't get to ride but a handful of rides because of this. But we want to make the most of this trip since it may be our last...at least for a while!

Rob562

Linking two tickets to the same person in MDE is *not* what you want to do when you want two different people to use them.

For you the easiest thing to do is to create a "managed by you" sub-profile for the other person under your own login. Then just link one ticket to each person. When you make FP+ choices you can make them for both people.

At some point in the future the other person can take ownership of their profile by you filling in their email on their profile.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom