Fastpass+ for whole group?

Rob562

I guess I still have 4 weeks, so maybe I'll get this all figured out in the last week or so before. The only thing that bums me out is it's not seeming like I can get the Fastpass+ selections for our whole group. :(

There's been a lot of back-and-forth suggestions and situations in this thread, so I'll start from the beginning with what I think should be done:

-Anyone staying is *your* room should be added to your MDE account as "profiles managed by you". For adults, you can go the extra step of including their email address which will invite them to create their own login account on the MDE site. From there, they will "manage" their own profile but still be linked to you as a friend/family.

-Once you have all profile for people in your room, make sure they're linked to your hotel reservation.

-If you have separate tickets (i.e. you're *not* staying on a package reservation) make sure to link the tickets to the correct peoples' accounts.

-For the person who is *not* staying with you and is staying on their own at a different resort, they should log in and create their *own* MDE profile and link their hotel reservation and park ticket. Once their profile is set up, you can link to each other so that you're friends.

-Make sure that the privacy settings for each account allow you to make plans for each other. Once that is all done, anyone can then make FP+ reservations for anyone else. So if you've already got FP+ set up for yourself, once you're linked to the others you can copy your FP+ over to their profiles.

MagicBands are related-but-separate from FP+. You (should) have access to them for hotel reservations when you do the online checkin for the reservation, which can be as far out as 60 days. If you don't make MB color and name selections online, you get the generic gray ones without names inside at check-in. I say go ahead and get a second Band, since they'll both work with your account (though you may only be able to have one be active at any one time, I'm not 100% sure). There may also be an issue with which Band would act as your room key. You may be limited only to the one associated with your current hotel reservation. (I've yet to read from anyone trying to use an old Band to open the door of their new hotel reservations)

The new system takes a little time to get fully set up, but once you do it allows you the greatest flexibility and usage of the system as it was designed.

-Rob

star77kc

Original Poster
There's been a lot of back-and-forth suggestions and situations in this thread, so I'll start from the beginning with what I think should be done:

-Anyone staying is *your* room should be added to your MDE account as "profiles managed by you". For adults, you can go the extra step of including their email address which will invite them to create their own login account on the MDE site. From there, they will "manage" their own profile but still be linked to you as a friend/family.

-Once you have all profile for people in your room, make sure they're linked to your hotel reservation.

-If you have separate tickets (i.e. you're *not* staying on a package reservation) make sure to link the tickets to the correct peoples' accounts.

-For the person who is *not* staying with you and is staying on their own at a different resort, they should log in and create their *own* MDE profile and link their hotel reservation and park ticket. Once their profile is set up, you can link to each other so that you're friends.

-Make sure that the privacy settings for each account allow you to make plans for each other. Once that is all done, anyone can then make FP+ reservations for anyone else. So if you've already got FP+ set up for yourself, once you're linked to the others you can copy your FP+ over to their profiles.

MagicBands are related-but-separate from FP+. You (should) have access to them for hotel reservations when you do the online checkin for the reservation, which can be as far out as 60 days. If you don't make MB color and name selections online, you get the generic gray ones without names inside at check-in. I say go ahead and get a second Band, since they'll both work with your account (though you may only be able to have one be active at any one time, I'm not 100% sure). There may also be an issue with which Band would act as your room key. You may be limited only to the one associated with your current hotel reservation. (I've yet to read from anyone trying to use an old Band to open the door of their new hotel reservations)

The new system takes a little time to get fully set up, but once you do it allows you the greatest flexibility and usage of the system as it was designed.

-Rob
Thanks so much. My parents, who are staying in our room are on MDX managed by me already. It just says Needs Valid Park Admission by their name. I'm hoping once I get their tix info, I'll be all set? My aunt staying at Pop has accepted my invitation to MDX, which is allowing me to pick for her.

ratherbeinwdw

We already have Magic Bands from a few weeks back so I'll just use that. I really don't want them to give me a new one when the one I have will work fine. We didn't get our email to test out the magic bands until 8/24 and we were arriving on 9/7. I think it said something along the lines of 8/26 as the deadline we had to customize them.
I think the time limit is coming in as the process goes along. Now that most of the resorts have or are testing, they may need to have a cut-off to get everyones bands to them. This is just supposition on my part from reading.

PolynesianPrincess

Thanks so much. My parents, who are staying in our room are on MDX managed by me already. It just says Needs Valid Park Admission by their name. I'm hoping once I get their tix info, I'll be all set? My aunt staying at Pop has accepted my invitation to MDX, which is allowing me to pick for her.

Once you link their tickets, you should be good to go!! That's was the last step we needed before our last trip so we linked our APs and were then free to select FPs.

PolynesianPrincess

I created our bands last night and both my sister and I already have bands from last month but they allowed us to customize new ones.You think to save some money, they would have you use the same band if you travel frequently, but what do I know! *shrug*

Rob562

I created our bands last night and both my sister and I already have bands from last month but they allowed us to customize new ones.You think to save some money, they would have you use the same band if you travel frequently, but what do I know! *shrug*

My guess is that they've decided not to count on the Guest to still have their old Bands. Imagine the headaches of "Well I found mine, and I found Billy's, but I can't find Sue's... Can we just get a new one for her? Oh, and Dad is coming with us this trip, so he'll need a new one..."

Easier for them to just send new ones each time. (I'm sure some bean-counter already calculated out that the extra cost of the Bands outweighs the savings in personnel costs trying to manage who does and doesn't need a new Band)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom