Fastpass+ For Shows is a Sham

happytrees

Original Poster
Just so everyone knows the Fastpass+ for things like Fantasmic and other "Shows" are a complete WASTE of a fastpass+. First off on our recent visit we had a Fastpass+ for Fantasmic. We were told by 4 different cast members that the fastpass+ didn't guarantee anything except us getting into the theater. If we didn't get in line at least 45-60 minutes early we would not have a seat. I went so far as to get a manager who also told me that yes that was true. I was furious and complained that I wasted a fastpass+ and felt let down. They did give me an extra one for that day. So then the next day we were at Animal Kingdom again we had a fastpass+ for Finding Nemo. We got there during the time on our fastpass+ and we had to stand in the back of the theater because there were not seats. Again we were told that the only thing the fastpass+ does is lets us in no seats.
After the show I found yet another cast member to state my disapproval with the system. He told me that the only reason Disney is giving them out for shows to simply get people away from the rides.
So my advice is this: for rides they are AWESOME! For shows DO NOT WASTE your fastpass+ on them.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Just so everyone knows the Fastpass+ for things like Fantasmic and other "Shows" are a complete WASTE of a fastpass+. First off on our recent visit we had a Fastpass+ for Fantasmic. We were told by 4 different cast members that the fastpass+ didn't guarantee anything except us getting into the theater. If we didn't get in line at least 45-60 minutes early we would not have a seat. I went so far as to get a manager who also told me that yes that was true. I was furious and complained that I wasted a fastpass+ and felt let down. They did give me an extra one for that day. So then the next day we were at Animal Kingdom again we had a fastpass+ for Finding Nemo. We got there during the time on our fastpass+ and we had to stand in the back of the theater because there were not seats. Again we were told that the only thing the fastpass+ does is lets us in no seats.
After the show I found yet another cast member to state my disapproval with the system. He told me that the only reason Disney is giving them out for shows to simply get people away from the rides.
So my advice is this: for rides they are AWESOME! For shows DO NOT WASTE your fastpass+ on them.

This is true. We booked BATB show at DHS mostly because there wasn't anything else which used FP that we wanted to do that day. When we arrived we asked where the FP entrance was and the CM told us it was around the side, but not to bother since it just lets you out into the same seats. We didn't even bother to scan the bands. Same for Indy, although we did scan the bands that day because they were right by the front entrance, but it got us nothing. We also used them for Illuminations. It did get you into a roped off area only accessible with a reservation. At least that did something.

LizC

Just so everyone knows the Fastpass+ for things like Fantasmic and other "Shows" are a complete WASTE of a fastpass+. First off on our recent visit we had a Fastpass+ for Fantasmic. We were told by 4 different cast members that the fastpass+ didn't guarantee anything except us
Igetting into the theater. If we didn't get in line at least 45-60 minutes early we would not have a seat. I went so far as to get a manager who also told me that yes that was true. I was furious and complained that I wasted a fastpass+ and felt let down. They did give me an extra one for that day. So then the next day we were at Animal Kingdom again we had a fastpass+ for Finding Nemo. We got there during the time on our fastpass+ and we had to stand in the back of the theater because there were not seats. Again we were told that the only thing the fastpass+ does is lets us in no seats.

Thanks for sharing!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There appears to be reserved seating areas for Illuminations, the MSEP, and Wishes.

From what I have observed the past few weeks (when I decided to start collecting anecdotal evidence), with the other theatrical experiences (like BatB, FOLK, Nemo, etc.), all the FP+ does is get you to the entrance a bit faster. At Fantasmic, for instance, it gets you right to the bank of podiums near stroller parking. After that, the lines merge, and you're right in with everyone else.

Of course they do this hoping people will use fastpases on high capacity shows like this...it's purely to spread out crowds. That's nothing new or particularly revelatory. I imagine savvy guests will pick up on that fairly quickly, while less knowledgeable guests will continue doing it.

JerseyDad

......though Disney always "publicly" expresses that the guests are the most important component of WDW .....I can't help to think that 'secretly' ...they view them as ignorant cattle that needs to be herded from Point A to Point B.

....just wait 'till they pull the old P.T. Barnum "See The Egress" trick on them to get the crowds moving better through attractions.

(fyi ...for those not familiar with the above PT Barnum reference ...it relates to his American Museum that was in NYC ...mid 1800's. It had all kinds of exhibits ...some like a carnival side show...etc. When Barnum saw that people were lingering too long at some of the exhibits ...causing lines to grow ...he put up signs that had arrows and said, "See the Egress". Well ...most people didn't know that "egress" meant "exit" ...and they followed the signs to a door ...and upon going through said door ...found themselves outside!)

Blueskyze

I completely agree that it was a total waste for Fantasmic (WORST seat I have ever had for that show!), but it was awesome for MSEP. Highly recommend for the parade!

Minnie_girl

Yeah, I kind of figured that FP was going to be a wasted thing for shows. I had a Fantasmic booked, but changed it out (for a Toy Story Mainia pass, no less) at the last moment.
75.gif

Me too...

minniemickeyfan

Thanks for sharing. I had my doubts and didn't make any for shows for my upcoming Jan trip. . I also didn't make any for things I wouldn't usually FP. Just don't see the need for things like Seas w/Nemo, Spaceship Earth, Haunted Mansion, etc. or maybe I will and don't know it yet:eek:

Blueskyze

Where is the FP+ area for MSEP ?

It's in the hub near the Partners statue. We had an awesome front row seat with a view of the castle, and didn't have to worry about people trying to crowd in. The CMs in the area kept stopping by to chat, which made the short wait more enjoyable!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom