Fastpass and rider swap

Cvones

Original Poster
Can someone please explain how to select fastpasses for a ride we need to use rider swap for? For example 7DMT we are a party of 4 but one child is too small to ride so do I get FP for the 3 of us who want to ride or just 1 adult and then my husband and I can take turns taking the older child on? TIA!!

JourneysEnd

Can someone please explain how to select fastpasses for a ride we need to use rider swap for? For example 7DMT we are a party of 4 but one child is too small to ride so do I get FP for the 3 of us who want to ride or just 1 adult and then my husband and I can take turns taking the older child on? TIA!!
If you are doing the Child Swap -- Both you and your child NEED FastPass+! EXCEPTION: If your child is under 3 and was admitted to the park for free, you do not need FastPass+ for them.
Everybody riding will need a FastPass+

nolatron

Only the first people riding need a FP+. Whoever is waiting with the non-rider does not need a FP+ ticket.

Our last trip was me, wife, 7yr & 2yr old DDs. For rides like 7DMT, Wife and 7yr old would get a FP+. At the ride we'd ask a cast member for a riderswap ticket, which I took. Wife and oldest DD would ride, then I would use the rider swap ticket (good for up to 3 people I think) for me and our 7yr old to enter into the FP+ line to ride.

We were able to use this to our advantage to book more than 3 initial FP+ at park. Took some planning to do though on the FP+ site but it worked.

Last edited:

Cvones

Original Poster
Ok so the child is under 3 so if we want 7dmt I need to make sure myself, hubby, and older child has a Fastpass for it and then my husband and I take turns riding with older child?
I had heard I and older child only needed a fastpass and then hubby can just go on with the rider swap so I wasnt sure.

Cvones

Original Poster
Only the first people riding need a FP+. Whoever is waiting with the non-rider does not need a FP+ ticket.

Our last trip was me, wife, 7yr & 2yr old DDs. For rides like 7DMT, Wife and 7yr old would get a FP+. At the ride we'd ask a cast member for a riderswap ticket, which I took. Wife and oldest DD would ride, then I would use the rider swap ticket (good for up to 3 people I think) for me and our 7yr old to enter into the FP+ line to ride.

We were able to use this to our advantage to book more than 3 initial FP+ at park. Took some planning to do though on the FP+ site but it worked.
Yes! Thank you this is exactly what I was wondering!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom