Fastpass and Park Hopping

DisneyFan684

Original Poster
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and I had a question regarding the best strategy for Fastpass when park hopping. On this coming Saturday April 18, we will be visiting Animal Kingdom for the morning and early afternoon, and then going to Magic Kingdom for the evening. We will be getting to AK by 9-9:30, and I am estimating that we will be done there around 3 pm. So, would it be better to make fastpasses for AK and then hope to get more when we get to MK, or should we make them for MK and do AK without FP? Since its a Saturday, I am assuming the lines at MK will be much longer than AK. The only ride at AK I am worried about getting on without FP is Kali River Rapids. I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.

OSUgirl77

If you get to AK before or soon after rope drop, you shouldn't have any problem riding everything you want with fairly minimal waits. We did this on our last trip in April, and it worked out great.

DisneyFan684

Original Poster
Ok thanks for your input. I am starting to lean toward doing that. During the regular season, how are crowds at Animal Kingdom when compared to other days of the week?

DizneyPryncess

Another vote for using your FP at MK later in the day. Touring Plans has AK at a 7 on the crowd calendar for the 18th. Comparable to Thursday, Friday & Sunday which are listed as 6's. You should be fine, I'd arrive by rope drop if you can. :)

CAPTAIN HOOK

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.
You're going to have to stand in line and queue for rides at some point during your day. Far better to do it in AK where the park will be quieter first thing, than doing it at MK where it's been open for hours and the lines well established.
Get your FP for MK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom