FastPass+ and Normal FastPasses

CoverD

Original Poster
So my girlfriend and I saw this morning that we got access to the test MyMagic+ bands for our stay next month at WDW.

That being said, due to the busy schedule we had already planned, it may be a little difficult to make all the FastPass+ times that Disney pre-sets.

This brings me to my question, can you still obtain normal FastPasses in addition to the FastPass+ ones? I've looked all around and the most recent blogs/details were from last year. I wanted to see if someone that has gone to WDW during the last few test sessions has any info. Thanks!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
So my girlfriend and I saw this morning that we got access to the test MyMagic+ bands for our stay next month at WDW.

That being said, due to the busy schedule we had already planned, it may be a little difficult to make all the FastPass+ times that Disney pre-sets.

This brings me to my question, can you still obtain normal FastPasses in addition to the FastPass+ ones? I've looked all around and the most recent blogs/details were from last year. I wanted to see if someone that has gone to WDW during the last few test sessions has any info. Thanks!
May I ask where you are staying and when you are arriving? Did you do your online check-in? How long after did you get the invitation to test MM+?

We are staying at POP, arriving on 9/23. I would be happy to test MM+ and double dip!

CoverD

Original Poster
May I ask where you are staying and when you are arriving? Did you do your online check-in? How long after did you get the invitation to test MM+?

We are staying at POP, arriving on 9/23. I would be happy to test MM+ and double dip!

We're staying at POP, arriving 9/12 (haven't done online check-in yet). The recent WDWMagic blog post shows that they're letting guests from 9/3 - 10/31 at POP and other select resorts get in on the testing.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ds-to-more-resorts-as-full-roll-out-nears.htm

If you go to your MyDisneyExperience page on the Disney website, click the "Personalize Magic Bands" link and it should let you customize/order them.

We never got a formal invite to test it, but after seeing that blog post, I decided to give it a shot, since there was always the option to personalize the bands that was taunting me for weeks on my MyDisneyExperience page.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We're staying at POP, arriving 9/12 (haven't done online check-in yet). The recent WDWMagic blog post shows that they're letting guests from 9/3 - 10/31 at POP and other select resorts get in on the testing.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...ds-to-more-resorts-as-full-roll-out-nears.htm

If you go to your MyDisneyExperience page on the Disney website, click the "Personalize Magic Bands" link and it should let you customize/order them.

We never got a formal invite to test it, but after seeing that blog post, I decided to give it a shot, since there was always the option to personalize the bands that was taunting me for weeks on my MyDisneyExperience page.

Thank you so much.
I did my online check-in yesterday. Just ordered my bands. All my plans were loaded onto DMX weeks ago.

What now? I was not offered the option of selecting FP+ yet. Do I need to wait a bit? Or did I miss something?

CoverD

Original Poster
Thank you so much.
I did my online check-in yesterday. Just ordered my bands. All my plans were loaded onto DMX weeks ago.

What now? I was not offered the option of selecting FP+ yet. Do I need to wait a bit? Or did I miss something?
There should be a link under the "Personalize Magic Bands" that says "Make FastPass+ Selections". It should then allow you to pick 3 attractions, but unfortunately it seems you're restricted to just 1 park per day, so make sure you take advantage of the park you're in.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
There should be a link under the "Personalize Magic Bands" that says "Make FastPass+ Selections". It should then allow you to pick 3 attractions, but unfortunately it seems you're restricted to just 1 park per day, so make sure you take advantage of the park you're in.
Okay, I'll go back and try. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for all your help. I fancy myself a bit of a Disney pro, but this MM+ is taking me back to square one.

CoverD

Original Poster
Not a problem, hopefully the system will let you in.

And hopefully this thread will help others that may be hoping they get the MM+ trial too.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
All FPP's booked. Easy peasy once I knew what to do. I'm sure I'll do a little tweaking over the next few days, but so far, so good. Thanks again, CoverD.

CoverD

Original Poster
All FPP's booked. Easy peasy once I knew what to do. I'm sure I'll do a little tweaking over the next few days, but so far, so good. Thanks again, CoverD.
Not a problem, hope everything works out!

If you opt for magic bands then you do not have the option of using the regular fastpass machines because you will not have a card.
Is that the case if I still have a physical ParkHopper pass that I've not disposed of?

cmybliss

If you opt for magic bands then you do not have the option of using the regular fastpass machines because you will not have a card.

This is not correct. At resort check-in you will still get a KTTWC that acts as it always has. That is to say, it's your room key, park ticket, meal payment (if you have the DDP) and has charging privileges. You can use it just like any other park ticket in the regular Fastpass machines. How long that will be the case is anyone's guess. But for now at least, it's a perk the test group gets.

CoverD

Original Poster
This is not correct. At resort check-in you will still get a KTTWC that acts as it always has. That is to say, it's your room key, park ticket, meal payment (if you have the DDP) and has charging privileges. You can use it just like any other park ticket in the regular Fastpass machines. How long that will be the case is anyone's guess. But for now at least, it's a perk the test group gets.
Thanks for clarifying, it makes sense that you still get a KTTWC since the MM+ is a "test" and if something went wrong with the magic bands you need to get access to your stuff somehow.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I have multiple cards from previous trips - at least 10 of them.
Not sure if the kinks will be worked out before our arrival; but if not, I'm willing to double dip once in a while.
On the other hand, we are travelling off-peak, so we may not need to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom