Fastpass+ and MDE?

EmmieSue

Original Poster
My sister and I are traveling to Disney in May with our older sister and her family. They have two little ones, one of which is tall enough to ride everything despite being 4 and one who is 3, tiny, and doesnt really enjoy any sort of fast rides anyway. Therefore the fastpasses that have been pre booked are pretty much geared entirely toward them.

I love them and I enjoy riding with them to a point. I don't want to waste my time riding dumbo over and over again (their favorite). Once on each MK day is fine...but I'd like to ride and experience other things and shows.

So that brings me to my question. If me and my other sister go to a park earlier than them or stay during their nap time or hit the EMH, can we still get fastpasses of our own without having our own connection to our older sisters MDE account? Apparently it is too much to ask to have her invite us so we can see reservations on the MDE app and everything. Do they just use the magic bands when you go to the in park kiosks for fastpasses? Honestly beginning to feel like I am just going on this vacation to babysit their kids so they dont have to deal with them...

Tuvalu

If you and your sister do not have your own MDE accounts, and your older sister will not allow you into her account, you will be locked into using the fastpasses she has already set up. After your initial 3 fastpasses have been used, you can go to a kiosk in the park to get a 4th, and that fastpass can be independent of the others in your party. But you can't get a fastpass at a kiosk before you have used the pre-selected ones.

sjhym333

If someone in your party has booked 3 FP's for you already you have the ability to go into your MDE account and make changes for you and your other sister.

Rob562

If someone in your party has booked 3 FP's for you already you have the ability to go into your MDE account and make changes for you and your other sister.

I think the problem the OP is talking about is that in the MDE system "she" only exists as a sub-profile on her sister's account. Her sister won't link to her so that she can "own" her own profile. If the hotel, park tickets and FP+ were all done under the sister's account, the OP won't see anything under her own account without that link being done.

-Rob

sjhym333

I think the problem the OP is talking about is that in the MDE system "she" only exists as a sub-profile on her sister's account. Her sister won't link to her so that she can "own" her own profile. If the hotel, park tickets and FP+ were all done under the sister's account, the OP won't see anything under her own account without that link being done.

-Rob

Doesn't that sound fun. In that case the other option is to hit up a kiosk with their tickets when they get to the park. I wonder if the sister paid for the tickets and therefore has control over them?

EmmieSue

Original Poster
Doesn't that sound fun. In that case the other option is to hit up a kiosk with their tickets when they get to the park. I wonder if the sister paid for the tickets and therefore has control over them?

My other sister and I each paid 1/3 the cost of our tickets. The other 2/3 come as presents from last Christmas/Birthdays, and this coming Christmas/Birthdays. If she was paying for them not as gifts sure...but I don't think it's fair to not have access for the days we will be off on our own or if the girls go back to nap/rest and we want to stay in the parks.

I will be riding the 3 pre done fast passes with the girls each day that have been reserved already. But we were wondering if we could just go to the kiosks for the 3 fast passes for the days we don't have set up already (we only have two days set up) and for the ones you can do after the 3 have been done/expire. Do you just need the magic bands to be able to set up the ones from the kiosks or do you need access to an account?

Tuvalu

Do you just need the magic bands to be able to set up the ones from the kiosks or do you need access to an account?
When you use a kiosk it will recognize you from your sister's MDE account. So you will have no issues obtaining additional fastpasses once you have used your three pre-selected ones.

As long as your sister has not scheduled any fastpasses for you on other days, you can schedule your own from a kiosk.

Ideally, you should have your own MDE account linked with the others in your family. I am sorry your sister is being a control freak :(.

EmmieSue

Original Poster
When you use a kiosk it will recognize you from your sister's MDE account. So you will have no issues obtaining additional fastpasses once you have used your three pre-selected ones.

As long as your sister has not scheduled any fastpasses for you on other days, you can schedule your own from a kiosk.

Ideally, you should have your own MDE account linked with the others in your family. I am sorry your sister is being a control freak :(.

Thank you and I am going to keep trying to get her to do it for me. Hopefully I can get her to do it for me soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom