Fastpass+ and kid swapping??

bsmartin2000

Original Poster
This is kind of a silly question, but how will this work? I have 3 adults, 5 year old and 1 year old. Say if I want to do splash mountain, will I need to get 4 fastpasses? How will kid swapping work with this? I know we can not take the baby on any of these type of rides but the other 4 will want to do all of these. Maybe I am overthinking the whole issue? 14 Days to Go!:D

CaptainShortty

I would imagine it'll work very similarly to the way it does now. You approach the line, get a rider swap ticket, ride on the regular queue and then when you get off, have the other person in your party enter the FP+ line using the ticket. To do rider swap, you don't actually need any real FPs.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
This is kind of a silly question, but how will this work? I have 3 adults, 5 year old and 1 year old. Say if I want to do splash mountain, will I need to get 4 fastpasses? How will kid swapping work with this? I know we can not take the baby on any of these type of rides but the other 4 will want to do all of these. Maybe I am overthinking the whole issue? 14 Days to Go!:D
I would get 3 FP+ One for the two adults and your 5 yo. Then get a child swap ticket for yourself. The first 3 go through the FP+ line and you and the baby wait. When they come back you and your 5 yo can ride again. Another way to do it is to get 2 FP+ and have two people wait back using this method your 5 yo could only ride once. This way you can use FP+ choices on more ride when combining with child Swap.

Rob562

As a side note, I know that I've seen a photo somewhere recently that someone took of the CM's FP+ system screen at an attraction. There were a couple "override" buttons on the screen to grant entry and one of them was labeled "Child Swap".

I wonder if in operation they'll have the person doing the swap wave their Band at the post and then choose the override, and then the person's Band will simply give a green light at the merge-point FP+ post with no additional explanation necessary, no slips of paper to carry and turn in.

-Rob

ddrongowski

How does it work? Glad you asked... Well for each child you give Disney, you will receive in turn 6 fp+''s. That is the going rate at this time. If you have 6 or more childs to give to Disney they will also give you a standard view room at any participating moderate resort.

The only thing is, that this deal is only available the second Tuesday of any week.

RickP330

This was the only glitch for me in my last trip. CM's were clueless on Splash Mountain how to handle this when we got to the second station. Ask before you go through the first station, because they wanted me to exit the ride and re enter, but I pointed out that once I left the ride my FP+ wouldn't let me back in. I had to wait at the exit to the ride which caused alot of problems with CM's that just wanted me on my way... Be sure before you enter the first FP+ station.
RP

Justinj2

As a side note, I know that I've seen a photo somewhere recently that someone took of the CM's FP+ system screen at an attraction. There were a couple "override" buttons on the screen to grant entry and one of them was labeled "Child Swap".

I wonder if in operation they'll have the person doing the swap wave their Band at the post and then choose the override, and then the person's Band will simply give a green light at the merge-point FP+ post with no additional explanation necessary, no slips of paper to carry and turn in.

-Rob

That would be the photo I shared a few weeks ago I'll post it below for ya.

944594_10200313664907015_298310208_n.jpg

UberPlannerMom

So, I am a little confused about all this. If I have a fastpass+, my hubby has one and my son has one and my hubby and son ride while I sit with the baby then mine will still work when they are done so why would I need the rider swap pass. Are you just thinking so my son can go again? or are you thinking just husband and son having one and me getting a riderswap pass and not using my fastpass+?

stevehousse

So, I am a little confused about all this. If I have a fastpass+, my hubby has one and my son has one and my hubby and son ride while I sit with the baby then mine will still work when they are done so why would I need the rider swap pass. Are you just thinking so my son can go again? or are you thinking just husband and son having one and me getting a riderswap pass and not using my fastpass+?

Good question! :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward

The rider switch is so your son can ride again and you can also save your FP+ choice if you like.

WDWYankee15

I would get 3 FP+ One for the two adults and your 5 yo. Then get a child swap ticket for yourself. The first 3 go through the FP+ line and you and the baby wait. When they come back you and your 5 yo can ride again. Another way to do it is to get 2 FP+ and have two people wait back using this method your 5 yo could only ride once. This way you can use FP+ choices on more ride when combining with child Swap.

We were at WDW in late August and tested the MagicBands. The FastPass+ worked the same for rider swap as it does with the paper FastPass system. The entire party goes to the FastPass entrance with their FastPasses (or MagicBands). You only need FastPasses (or FastPass+) for the people riding in the initial ride. You tell the ride attendant that you have a small child and this is the other adult waiting with the child (or multiple other adults). The attendant at the line will give you a paper "rider swap" ticket (Looks like a paper FastPass. This can be used for up to 4 guests at any time the rest of the day. The parent or multiple other adults who waited then go on the ride with the child who already rode (again up to 4 people) with the "rider swap" ticket being good for all of them and acting like a FastPass.

So in sumation, in the situation of the OP
I have 3 adults, 5 year old and 1 year old. Say if I want to do splash mountain, will I need to get 4 fastpasses?
The simple answer is no. At the least you could get 2 FastPass+ reservations (one Adult and the 5 year old). You get a rider swap ticket later so the other two adults and the 5 year old can ride again later in the day. You could get 3 FastPass+ reservations (two Adults and the 5 year old). You get a rider swap ticket later still two adults and the 5 year old can ride again later in the day.

The reality is you are in the FastPass Jackpot right now, because you could get a FastPass for Splash Mountain for one or two of the adults and one for another attraction (maybe something the 1 year old my enjoy - ex Pooh) and your 5 year gets to enjoy the "bigger" rides multiple times. Further during the testing you will have a Keys to the Kingdom card issued for everyone in your party, as "backup" for the MagicBands. The Keys to the Kingdom cards still allow you to enjoy the regular FastPass (paper ticket) system as well. You will have no problem going on the rides that generally have long waits.

UberPlannerMom

This will probably sound dumb but my innate sense of fairness wants to scream at me for working the system that way...
Doesn't mean I won't do it. After all I have a while to "get over it!"

WDWYankee15

This will probably sound dumb but my innate sense of fairness wants to scream at me for working the system that way...
Doesn't mean I won't do it. After all I have a while to "get over it!"

I agree. It does seem unfair, but as you are enjoying the rides you will seem ok with it. While I have taken advantage of these loopholes, I do hope in the future with the new MagicBands they develop ways to scan the Band (or card if you opt for the RFID card) to better deal with Rider Swap.

PRNCSAurora

Does anyone know if this still the case (every not needing fp+ with baby swap)? We just booked our fp for splash and seven dwarfs for 5 adults. We will have my 2 year old daughter? Do the ones staying back still not need a fast pass?

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Does anyone know if this still the case (every not needing fp+ with baby swap)? We just booked our fp for splash and seven dwarfs for 5 adults. We will have my 2 year old daughter? Do the ones staying back still not need a fast pass?

If she isn't tall enough to ride you can defiantly use rider switch.

stevehousse

Here's the thing, if u do utilize the swap pass, the person or person that stay behind won't need to use their FP or scan their band, the ride switch pass will be just fine. However, with that said, it basically leaves those that waited and swapped with an extra FP or if they really want to, they could go on the ride for a third time or switch it to a differt ride or just let it expire!

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I would put 2 adults for a FP+ at one height limit ride (Spl Mtn) and the other 3 adult and another height limit ride(7DMT) Doubling your FP+ possibilities. you could get 6 FP+ choices for all the height limit rides by splitting your group. The people without FP+ would use the rider switch pass. You can only do this at rides with height limits DD is to short for though.

Last edited:

PRNCSAurora

Thanks! We have to do some playing with this. Between the new FP+ and not being with a small child in about 28 years, this trip will be full of firsts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom