FastPass+ and groups splitting up

phi2134

Original Poster
Hey all, I am getting ready to make my FastPass+ reservations for my family soon and had a quick question. Does the My Disney Experience let you split your group up when making FastPass+ selections? For example with a family of six, for the first fastpass+ of the day, can three people get one for Jungle Cruise and the other three get one for Splash Mountain? Then second and third fastpass+ selections everyone has the same rides?

phi2134

Original Poster
Yes. We had 5 in our party ride Space Mountain while my niece & I rode Pooh. 2nd & 3rd FP were all 7 of us.
Thanks for the info, really curious to see how easy this whole process is. Kind of sad, but i already have a spreadsheet started to plan out where we are going to be and what our fastpass options will be for everyone.

Weather_Lady

Hey all, I am getting ready to make my FastPass+ reservations for my family soon and had a quick question. Does the My Disney Experience let you split your group up when making FastPass+ selections? For example with a family of six, for the first fastpass+ of the day, can three people get one for Jungle Cruise and the other three get one for Splash Mountain? Then second and third fastpass+ selections everyone has the same rides?

Yes, you can! When I did it, though, you had to initially select the same experiences for everyeone, and then you could tinker around and split the FP+. The "nuts and bolts" of the procedure went like this... Say I wanted to schedule a day where all 6 of us did BTMRR and Jungle Cruise, but we split up for Splash Mountain/Aladdin's Magic Carpets:
1 - First, select, reserve and confirm the same 3 FP+ attractions/times for the entire group --in our example, BRMTT, JC and Splash.
2 - Select the FP+ we wish to split (Splash) and click "change experience."
3 - Select the "new" experience for those who don't want to ride Splash (Aladdin's Magic Carpets) and, once the new experience is selected, a drop-down menu will appear showing all party members and bidding you to select those for whom the change will apply. You'd then confirm that the people doing Aladdin's Magic Carpets were selected, and de-select anyone who was keeping the Splash FP+.
4 - If desired, change experience times, as necessary, so that the "split FP+" will be in synch. (We typically split up for attractions that were near one another, so in that case it makes sense to do them at the same time.)
5 - Check and make sure that all FP+ are listed accurately on MDE, including split FP+. (Often, my changes did not display immediately, or only "showed up" if I looked at a single day's itinerary -- the "my reservations" section of MDE would only list 3 FP+ per day, even if there were 4 or 5 for my party due to split FP+. However, they all were accurately recorded in Disney's system, since they all worked perfectly when we went to "use" them.)

phi2134

Original Poster
Yes, you can! When I did it, though, you had to initially select the same experiences for everyeone, and then you could tinker around and split the FP+. The "nuts and bolts" of the procedure went like this... Say I wanted to schedule a day where all 6 of us did BTMRR and Jungle Cruise, but we split up for Splash Mountain/Aladdin's Magic Carpets:
1 - First, select, reserve and confirm the same 3 FP+ attractions/times for the entire group --in our example, BRMTT, JC and Splash.
3 - Select the "new" experience for those who don't want to ride Splash (Aladdin's Magic Carpets) and, once the new experience is selected, a drop-down menu will appear showing all party members and bidding you to select those for whom the change will apply. You'd then confirm that the people doing Aladdin's Magic Carpets were selected, and de-select anyone who was keeping the Splash FP+.
4 - If desired, change experience times, as necessary, so that the "split FP+" will be in synch. (We typically split up for attractions that were near one another, so in that case it makes sense to do them at the same time.)
5 - Check and make sure that all FP+ are listed accurately on MDE, including split FP+. (Often, my changes did not display immediately, or only "showed up" if I looked at a single day's itinerary -- the "my reservations" section of MDE would only list 3 FP+ per day, even if there were 4 or 5 for my party due to split FP+. However, they all were accurately recorded in Disney's system, since they all worked perfectly when we went to "use" them.)

You really should be writing use cases and directions for Disney, this helps tremendously. Thanks!

phi2134

Original Poster

We usually park hop a lot, do you know with the new rules if I can prebook say two fastpass+ options in the morning for magic kingdom and then book one fastpass+ for Epcot in the afternoon while I am doing my original setup of these?

Or is there some weird rule that I can only preschedule one park but when I get to Epcot I can get the other Fastpass+ at a kiosk or something?

We usually park hop a lot, do you know with the new rules if I can prebook say two fastpass+ options in the morning for magic kingdom and then book one fastpass+ for Epcot in the afternoon while I am doing my original setup of these?

Or is there some weird rule that I can only preschedule one park but when I get to Epcot I can get the other Fastpass+ at a kiosk or something?
no you have to use 3 in one park then you can roll one in after the original 3 are done, and that can be at another park

Weather_Lady

no you have to use 3 in one park then you can roll one in after the original 3 are done, and that can be at another park

coach is right -- you have to either use your first 3 (or, if you don't use them, their time slots have to "expire") before you can hop to another park and make a 4th FP (*Remember: you have to do it at a kiosk within the hopped-to park -- you can't do it on MDE).

If you want to do this, I recommend making the Magic Kingdom your "hop-to" park. In our experience, the headliners/top tier attractions in the other three parks tended to have very little availability for day-of FP+, and in some cases (TSMM, Kilimanjaro Safaris) were totally booked up ahead of time. In contrast, Magic Kingdom, as the park with the most headliners, had much greater availability for 4th FP+, even late in the day. The one time we bothered with a 4th FP in the MK (with a crowd level of "6 out of 10") it was 6pm and there were still FP+ available for every attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom