FastPass+ and AP

MrsJackSparrow

Original Poster
As it stands, AP holders are only entitled to 7 days' worth of FP+ on a rolling schedule, which I begrudgingly became aware of today.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether this will change in a future FP+ update, as in the new ability to park hop? I'm planning an 11-day trip, and I'm kind of crushed that I can only plan 7 days at a time.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

MrsJackSparrow

Original Poster
Just for clarification purposes, are you staying onsite or offsite?

Staying offsite, but the tech support guy I spoke with confirmed that this was a nuance of the AP and that it didn't matter if we stayed onsite, unless we bought a package, which makes no sense since we have APs.

cw1982

I've never heard that before... but then I don't have an AP either. I thought everyone staying on site got the same set of rules because it's based on where you stay. I would call back and see if you get a different answer from a different tech lol.

disney4life2008

Staying offsite, but the tech support guy I spoke with confirmed that this was a nuance of the AP and that it didn't matter if we stayed onsite, unless we bought a package, which makes no sense since we have APs.

You were likely severely misinformed. I have a AP and I am staying onsite in August and I just looked and I can make FP+ reservations from today (6/26 to 8/25). But I am not sure about staying off site.

MrsJackSparrow

Original Poster
You were likely severely misinformed. I have a AP and I am staying onsite in August and I just looked and I can make FP+ reservations from today (6/26 to 8/25). But I am not sure about staying off site.

It's not that I can't make the reservations. I have 7 days' worth. The issue is that I can ONLY have 7 days' worth of FastPass+ reservations at a time. Once I use a day, I can make them for another day.

If we were staying onsite with a package, I'd be able to book for length of stay, but because we're using APs, we can only have 7 days' worth of FastPass+ reservations, on a rolling basis.

I just want to know if anyone has heard of another rollout to afford more days of passes for AP holders. Seems like they'd prefer to have me in the park spending money, right?

Rob562

I knew about the 7-days for AP holders, but something I just learned today from another discussion is that any off-site person with a MYW ticket of 8-10 days is limited to 7 active days' worth of FP+ selections. Thus, the off-site rules are the same as AP holders.

If you're on-site, you can book for as many days as you have on your ticket, even if it's more than 7, or for every day of your trip if you have an AP.

I doubt there are plans to change it, but personally I feel that the rules should be tweaked so that MYW ticket holders should get as many days as they have on their ticket (which will limit them to a max of 10 days) and AP holders should also get 10 days.

-Rob

Last edited:

disney4life2008

It's not that I can't make the reservations. I have 7 days' worth. The issue is that I can ONLY have 7 days' worth of FastPass+ reservations at a time. Once I use a day, I can make them for another day.

If we were staying onsite with a package, I'd be able to book for length of stay, but because we're using APs, we can only have 7 days' worth of FastPass+ reservations, on a rolling basis.

I just want to know if anyone has heard of another rollout to afford more days of passes for AP holders. Seems like they'd prefer to have me in the park spending money, right?

I see what the problem is. I would not bet on an upgrade yet it took them long enough to get the APs aligned with FP+. But that does pose a big problem for us APs that are staying off site

pobutre

All - I was reading this and got concerned about making fastpass+ reservations for my upcoming trip in March 2015. We are DVC members with DVC annual passes and staying onsite for 12 days. I went to the Disney website and this is what is currently up there:

As a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder, you can plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. You can make your selections up to 30 days in advance of your visit, and if you change your mind, you are able to modify your selections.
If you are a Passholder who is staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in—for the entire length of your hotel stay.
In advance, you can reserve up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day at one theme park. After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.
Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.

cw1982

All - I was reading this and got concerned about making fastpass+ reservations for my upcoming trip in March 2015. We are DVC members with DVC annual passes and staying onsite for 12 days. I went to the Disney website and this is what is currently up there:

As a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder, you can plan 7 days of FastPass+ selections within any 30-day period—for 1 park per day. You can make your selections up to 30 days in advance of your visit, and if you change your mind, you are able to modify your selections.
If you are a Passholder who is staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you can make your FastPass+ selections up to 60 days prior to check-in—for the entire length of your hotel stay.
In advance, you can reserve up to 3 FastPass+ experiences per day at one theme park. After you use all of the initial FastPass+ experiences on the day of your visit (or your arrival windows have passed), you can select one additional FastPass+ experience to use that same day (based on availability). The additional FastPass+ experience is a rolling FastPass+ experience—each time you use an additional FastPass+ experience, you can select a new one.
Additional FastPass+ selections must be made at a FastPass+ kiosk within the same park as the FastPass+ experience that you wish to select, and they can be made at a different park from your previous selections.

That's the way it's supposed to work. If I'm reading the other posts correctly, the issue is that there's some kind of glitch with AP's that is not allowing AP holders to book more than 7 days at a time for fastpasses, even if they are staying onsite. Hopefully Disney is working on a fix for this (it may already be fixed), but I think the point was that the system was not working as intended.

tsaintc

That's the way it's supposed to work. If I'm reading the other posts correctly, the issue is that there's some kind of glitch with AP's that is not allowing AP holders to book more than 7 days at a time for fastpasses, even if they are staying onsite. Hopefully Disney is working on a fix for this (it may already be fixed), but I think the point was that the system was not working as intended.

Based on my most recent stay (6/18 thru 6/28), the system performed exactly as described above. I am a AP holder; I was able to make Fastpass+ selections for my entire stay at the 60 day mark. We had a room-only reservation at the Boardwalk Villas. In addition, I had a separate reservation for 7/5 thru 7/7, and I was also able to book Fastpass+ selections at the 60 day mark. On top of that, I can see my 7 day within 30 rolling AP access as well.

Also, for what it is worth, we are long time fastpass users (who were tremendously skeptical of the new system), and we loved the new Fastpass+. Worked very well and saved us from running around the parks trying to capture that piece of paper.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom