FastPass+ affect standby lines?

Adam5897

Original Poster
How will FastPass+ and My Disney Experience affect standby lines? I feel as if 3-4 fastpasses a day is not enough at all and It will drastically change how many rides per day i'll be able to get through. I am trying to be positive about the new system but I just can't get over how limited the fastpass options are and how low the amount of fastpasses is. Will standby lines decrease or will we be given more fastpasses? Either that or a lot of us who know how to get a ton of fastpasses in a day to get stuff done wont be getting the experience we have been and want to have. It is very frustrating for me and I hope they do something about this.

Mandrusko

With guests being able to "reserve" fast passes in advanced, I am concerned as a local passholder, that it will become increasingly difficult obtain a fast pass on the days we decide to go to Disney. Just like getting dinner reservations. Back in the 90's I had no trouble getting reservations on the day of ANYWHERE in the parks... Nowadays when we go to the parks this impossible. Must make them months in advanced.. And this does not work for us. I am fearful that this will happen with the fast passes. If this happens, I don't see the point in going anymore... I do not enjoy waiting more than 30-45 mintues for rides..

sydneymorganmom

I know that the system is still testing, but when we went in October there was no significant difference in wait times. Then again, we go at off-peak times when we don't really even need FP for much. I don't think they would institute a system that would make everyone wait 2 hours for every ride.

ABQ

With guests being able to "reserve" fast passes in advanced, I am concerned as a local passholder, that it will become increasingly difficult obtain a fast pass on the days we decide to go to Disney. Just like getting dinner reservations. Back in the 90's I had no trouble getting reservations on the day of ANYWHERE in the parks... Nowadays when we go to the parks this impossible. Must make them months in advanced.. And this does not work for us. I am fearful that this will happen with the fast passes. If this happens, I don't see the point in going anymore... I do not enjoy waiting more than 30-45 mintues for rides..
I have to think that they will do something to appease local AP holders. The technology, if it works properly and if they have anyone with a brain in charge of things, will allow them to in real time measure exactly who has FP's to what attractions and when they should be used so they could allocate a number of same day passes for AP holders not staying on property. You have to believe that will happen at some point. Hopefully sooner than later we'll all find out.

Weather_Lady

I know that the system is still testing, but when we went in October there was no significant difference in wait times. Then again, we go at off-peak times when we don't really even need FP for much. I don't think they would institute a system that would make everyone wait 2 hours for every ride.

I'm glad to read this! I'd seen other anecdotal reports that said that wait times for newly-FP+-enabled attractions (the attractions that never had traditional FP but now have FP+), such as Haunted Mansion and POTC, were seeing appreciably increased standby waits. I do hope that is not the case.

Bryansworld

The attractions that could be affected more are the low capacity ones like Mad Tea Party. But that is only if people are stupid enough to waste a fast pass on that type of ride. The issue what will make the biggest difference is how many fast passes they allow per hour for the rides / attractions. I would love to see that kind of information. Esp rides like Midway Mania and Soarin.

Adam5897

Original Poster
I'm just worried. If the limit is going to be 3-4 fastpasses and the stand-by lines stay the same then I will probably get half out of the day as I normally would before. Maybe once they aren't going paper fastpass and FastPass+ at the same time and its just FastPass+ there will be more available per day. It might sound crazy but I would literally pay to get more fastpasses per day because 3 is just crazy talk to me. I'm not one to wait in a line more than 30 minutes usually unless its something I really really want to do. I appreciate the convenience of the new system but I really just wish it would stay the same, it worked just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom