Faster than Fastpass

mark4wdw

Original Poster
Not saying everyone to do this for no reason, but I had a experience recently with a ride. My best friend was at WDW to get engaged and I called the front desk and explained the situation and the fact that Tower of Terror was his favorite ride. I have been with my uncle before whe works for the WWE. He was allowed to bypass everyone so he would not be bombarded for autographs. I explained to the front desk employee about me being with him and this taking place and asked if something like this could be done for my friend for this one ride. The next morning a letter was delivered to him in his room explaining to go to the exit of the ride with the letter and he was placed directly on the ride. So if someone you know is going for a special occasion (b-day, anniversery, honeymoon etc) try to make the call and it might work for you.

Travis:D

The_CEO

Originally posted by mark4wdw
Not saying everyone to do this for no reason, but I had a experience recently with a ride. My best friend was at WDW to get engaged and I called the front desk and explained the situation and the fact that Tower of Terror was his favorite ride. I have been with my uncle before whe works for the WWE. He was allowed to bypass everyone so he would not be bombarded for autographs. I explained to the front desk employee about me being with him and this taking place and asked if something like this could be done for my friend for this one ride. The next morning a letter was delivered to him in his room explaining to go to the exit of the ride with the letter and he was placed directly on the ride. So if someone you know is going for a special occasion (b-day, anniversery, honeymoon etc) try to make the call and it might work for you.

Travis:D

Why would he be bombarded with autographs? Is he famous? Explain other wise i dont really.. Belive this story lol :) Because they just don't let anyone hop on ToT or any attaction unless you have a disability.

mkepcotmgmak

Re: Re: Faster than Fastpass

Originally posted by The_CEO
Why would he be bombarded with autographs? Is he famous? Explain other wise i dont really.. Belive this story lol :) Because they just don't let anyone hop on ToT or any attaction unless you have a disability.
yeah, you can. disney prides themselves on this type of customer service. its called "TAKE 5s". if disney knows its your birthday then watch out... lol.

NakedMickey

Pretty much if your famous or even well known Disney lets you bypass the lines of rides. Many other area attractions do this also, it's really just a courtesy to the celebrities so they can have an actual vacation withough being bothered by fans. Also they whole thing with the honeymoon and going to the beginning of the ride is completely true. You'd be surprised about what you can get at Disney if you simply ask.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
But what about the autograph part?.... Famous?

He said his uncle works for the WWE. I assume he's famous in some regard, and so would be hounded for autographs. His uncle being able to skip the line gave him the idea to see if the same could be done for his friend as a gift.

mark4wdw

Original Poster
My uncle is "Paul Bearer"(William Moody) who untill recently worked for the Mcmahon's of the WWE. That is not actually a celebrity but he did get first class treatment. Also I was there with Steven Richards about two years ago and we were actually taken on a golf cart from ride to ride (not in customer-guest view) but we were taken care of because of the short time we had there because we arrived at noon and had to be at the building in three hours. Like I say they all are hardly "Big Time Celebritys" but enough to be asked alot for autographs from kids so we were taken care of. I grew up around these guys because of my uncle. He use to live in Tampa years ago, when he worked for Championship Wrestlig from Flordia and got to know a woman that worked at WDW by giving her tickets to the events in Orlando for her and her kids and that was the hook up with the bypassing the lines years later. Like I say not patting myself on the back just pasing along info for folks in special situations. Doubt me if you like, I'll send you a personal autograph from Bearer !!!

Travis :D

DisneyWonders07

I believe your story, it's just that I'd feel a little "too" pampered if I were driven around in a golf-cart out of view from people. It'd be great to be famous, but actually I'm really glad that I'm not. When you are famous, you have to avoid crowds and to me that would be a pain in the butt, I mean you can't go anywhere without disguising yourself unless you wanted to be bombarded. Once we took a limosuine from Orlando Intl. Airport to our Disney hotel and I felt waaaaaaay too pampered and I really didn't like that feeling, but it was a nice treat. You know what I also hate? Those guys in fancy restaurant bathrooms who practically wash your hands for you by putting the soap on your hands and giving you towels. One of these days I'm just gonna be like "I'm not a baby I can do it myself!!!" ugh it just irritates the heck outta me:mad: Anyways, I think I'm fine being plain and normal.:)

mark4wdw

Original Poster
DisneyWonders07,

I totally agree with you, I go to WDW several times a year and the crowds are part of the fun for me, just sharing a experience to let people know you can at least get on one ride for a special event as a gift for a friend..

Travis :hammer:

P.S The-CEO send me your e-mail address, I cant put pics in these e-mails and I will send you a pic me and him took a few nights ago on my new computer digital cam at my house. My address is Mark4wdw@aol.com:D

MicBat

Stupid question what does WWE stand for? :)
World Wrestling Entertainment... It was formerly known as WWF until they got a lawsuit from the World Wildlife Federation...

The_CEO

LOL i should of thought of that!
BTW I shared a plane with a wrestler one time. We were going to Las Vegas.. The dude had black hair and huge sideburns.. Dont know his name...

Cool dude tho! :)

mark4wdw

Original Poster
THE_CEO,

If the plane trip was recent it was probally Ricco, if it was years ago it was Wayne Ferris (Honky Tonk Man) both doing a Elvis Gimmick with pork chop sideburns...

Travis:hammer:

Chernabog

Thread drift!

Your uncle is Paul Bearer!?! That's so cool. I grew up watching him and Taker and Kane. That is so amazingly awesome. I still love watching WWE (even though we're taking a dive). I've met lots of the WCW guys of yore because of a friend who used to work for them. Sorry for the excitement but you bring together 2 of my favorite things, wrestling and disney. Taker is my all time favorite guy. I wish he were in better shape now, he's taken quite a beating in his 12 years with the company and even more before that.

K, I'm done now :hammer: :p

rosie.ca

My uncle is "Paul Bearer"(William Moody) who untill recently worked for the Mcmahon's of the WWE. ...Doubt me if you like, I'll send you a personal autograph from Bearer !!!

i doubt you ...now send ....lol just kidding i kinda know sean morley *idunno how to spell it* and adam copeland thru a friend of mine
I think it is super cool that Disney did that ...disney rocks :sohappy:

bhg469

My uncle is "Paul Bearer"(William Moody) who untill recently worked for the Mcmahon's of the WWE. That is not actually a celebrity but he did get first class treatment. Also I was there with Steven Richards about two years ago

stevie richards!! i saw him take a guard rail to the head in buffalo a few years ago in the ECW that guy was amazing he deserves his own golf cart

dsapp25

Re: Re: Re: Faster than Fastpass

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
yeah, you can. disney prides themselves on this type of customer service. its called "TAKE 5s". if disney knows its your birthday then watch out... lol.

Cooll! It will be my adult daughter's birthday while we are Disneyworld! She gets bennies??? What could we expect, and who would we bring it up to? I told them it was her birthday when we made CP character breakfast reservations and I think it was noted on the reservations.

Someone else mentioned disabilities...my husband is disabled but doesn't use a wheelchair (he should at times, but he's a TAD hardheaded!). He does have a handicapped sticker for the car. Any special treatment there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom