Fast Pass With Multiple Ticket Type Help

DisResortLuvr

Original Poster
Under most circumstances, especially with smaller groups, I have no issue with the new FP process, however, once you start introducing too many people, especially with different ticket types the process becomes painful when having to plan ahead or do last minute changes.

Here's the deal that I need help with:
I have family coming into town in Dec staying at the Swan so they get to book FP 60 days out. I have an annual and live in Orlando and get to book 30 days out. My parents have seasonal which are blacked out during that time, however, they are getting tickets to get in at least one day. An then my brother who is flying in will be buying at least a one day ticket, maybe a multi day one.

Since most of the family is staying at the Swan and can book FP 60 days out, I assume as long as they are including me when booking FP, they can book the FP for me as well 60 days out even though I cannot normally book until 30? I assume this is the case since other friends have done this as well with me when they were staying at a resort.

Now for my parents and brother who will have at least one day tickets, if they pre-purchase the tickets and have them added to their MDE profile, will that then also give them the ability to be added to FP 60 days out when the other family books them? In addition, if they start with just a one day pass, will that only give them the option to be added to one days worth of fast passes? I assume for my parents as well since their seasonals are blacked out, the FP can't be booked for them under their current tickets and then they just buy tickets to get in.

So there is my problem - a lot of planning to be able to get everyone to ride things together. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks

Rob562

In order for any given individual to have access to book FP+ 60 days out, they must have a hotel reservation linked to their MDE profile. There isn't any way around it.

Those with a 1-day ticket will only have access to 1 day of FP+ reservations.
Those with Season Passes won't be able to make FP+ on blackout dates until they purchase and link alternative tickets to their MDE accounts.

As for making all these FP+ choices, my suggestion is to make the FP+ choices for those who have access at 60 days out. When you get to 30 days out for those without a hotel reservation, you can copy those FP+ choices over to those who only have 30-day access. (This is, of course, assuming that there is availability for those time slots. You'll most likely still be able to get most of them, though a few high-demand options may be gone, like Anna & Elsa and the Mine Train. If your trip is during the holidays, you may find even fewer options)

-Rob

DisResortLuvr

Original Poster
In order for any given individual to have access to book FP+ 60 days out, they must have a hotel reservation linked to their MDE profile. There isn't any way around it.

Those with a 1-day ticket will only have access to 1 day of FP+ reservations.
Those with Season Passes won't be able to make FP+ on blackout dates until they purchase and link alternative tickets to their MDE accounts.

As for making all these FP+ choices, my suggestion is to make the FP+ choices for those who have access at 60 days out. When you get to 30 days out for those without a hotel reservation, you can copy those FP+ choices over to those who only have 30-day access. (This is, of course, assuming that there is availability for those time slots. You'll most likely still be able to get most of them, though a few high-demand options may be gone, like Anna & Elsa and the Mine Train. If your trip is during the holidays, you may find even fewer options)

-Rob

Thanks Rob. As for the 60 day part, not so sure someone has to be linked to the reservation to get that. I have friends that come down often and stay at a resort. They always book FP 60 days out and always include me in the FP booking since I am linked to their MDE profile, yet, I am not part of their resort reservation at all. I currently have ones for Nov that were booked in Sep by them and that was more than 30 days out.

Rob562

Thanks Rob. As for the 60 day part, not so sure someone has to be linked to the reservation to get that. I have friends that come down often and stay at a resort. They always book FP 60 days out and always include me in the FP booking since I am linked to their MDE profile, yet, I am not part of their resort reservation at all. I currently have ones for Nov that were booked in Sep by them and that was more than 30 days out.

Odd. That goes against everything I've come to understand about how the 30-day/60-day access is given in the FP+ system.

Are your friends DVC members? Are they perhaps listing you on their DVC reservation to give you access (since additional adults in DVC units don't get charged the additional-adult-per-night fee)? Such a reservation would show up under the "My Resrervations" section in the MDE app or website.

-Rob

DisResortLuvr

Original Poster
Odd. That goes against everything I've come to understand about how the 30-day/60-day access is given in the FP+ system.

Are your friends DVC members? Are they perhaps listing you on their DVC reservation to give you access (since additional adults in DVC units don't get charged the additional-adult-per-night fee)? Such a reservation would show up under the "My Resrervations" section in the MDE app or website.

-Rob

They are DVC members but I am 100% sure they are not listing me in their reservation and it also does not show in the MDE app or website. I wonder if this is a change and allowed if the person who can book the earliest is the one actually making the FP bookings. It would seem to be a good idea to me since it would prevent scenarios like this where people travelling together but with different scenarios like this couldn't ride things together with FP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom