fast pass plus with dual agendas question

icemanfred

Original Poster
we are trying to plan our trip.
my question is that my wife likes some of the coaster type rides that my son and I arent fond of.
so we tried using fast pass plus to get her on a coaster type ride and meet up with us for the others.

the closest we could come was say a 20 minute window where out fast passes overlaped.

my question is:
do the fast passes get check upon entering the line or at the actual entry of the ride (where that widow will be shorter after waiting to get to that point)?

so will this type of plan work?
has anyone managed dual agendas successfully with fast pass plus.

thanks for ady tips or advice

sjhym333

There is a 2 step process when you redeem your FP just like in the past with paper FP's. First they will scan your MagicBand or ticket at the entrance to ensure you actually have a FP and that you are within your time period and then again somewhere closer to boarding a ride vehicle. In my experience, the difference between the two is only a matter of how long it takes you to walk to the second point. A good example would be Soarin. The first scan will be at the entrance and the second will be at the place at the top of the ramp where the FP lines and the Standby lines merge...just like under the old system.

icemanfred

Original Poster
so my plan with a 20 minute window of the two agedas overlaping should work.
I did find one instance where the overlap was only 10 minutes.
maybe thats cutting things too close

sjhym333

I think you should be fine. Just get them as close as you can and then plan to meet somewhere 20-30 mins later depending on the attraction.

Tom

Beta Return
Just get them as close as you can. Or, you can stagger them based on proximity to each other. For instance, if one of you wants to ride Buzz while the other wants to ride Splash, and you were going to start from Tomorrowland, you'd want the Splash FP to start 10-15 minutes later, to account for walk time.

Also, consider the length of the process. Soarin takes longer than almost any ride I can think of, once you hit the merge point (it's early, and my brain isn't fully functioning yet, so I could be missing something). While at other rides, like Jungle Cruise, you can wait in the FP queue for upwards of 20 min even before getting to the dock.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
We've done that. We let the big boys go on Space Mountain while us girls and the 8 year old went to the Speedway. Another time, the group went on SM while my niece and I went to Pooh. Keep your cell phones on and also pre-select a meeting place as wait times vary once you're in line.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom