Fast Pass Indy Jones at HS or not?

JChoma

Original Poster
Debating between a FP for Indiana Jones or Muppets at HS. Thoughts? Do you really need one for either?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Ok, thanks! I thought tower of terror was in tier one- but just realized it's in tier 2. Switched our selection. :)

Your very welcome! And Yes that's a much better use of your FP. The line can get pretty long 30+ min most days. :)

JChoma

Original Poster
Your very welcome! And Yes that's a much better use of your FP. The line can get pretty long 30+ min most days. :)

This is our itinerary. Does this make sense?

Arrive at 8:30- Head straight to Jedi training signup (both kids need to be present)

Target 3:40 time slot assuming no rain in forecast

1. Ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: 9:25am – 9:50am

2. Ride Tower of Terror with FastPass+: 9:35am – 10:35am

3. Visit FP kiosk outside Tower of Terror and schedule 3D Muppets

4. See Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 10:50 or 11:15 show

5. Visit Star Wars Launch Bay

6. Break/ Lunch

7. Ride Toy Story Mania with FastPass+: 1:40-2:40

8. Jedi Training: 3:40 (arrive at 3:10)

9. Ride Star Tours with FastPass+: 3:55-4:55 arrival

10.Indiana Jones 5:00 show

11.Muppets 3D with Fastpass +: TBD

12.Leave for dinner? Or eat at park?

sxeensweet

This is our itinerary. Does this make sense?

Arrive at 8:30- Head straight to Jedi training signup (both kids need to be present)

Target 3:40 time slot assuming no rain in forecast

1. Ride Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster: 9:25am – 9:50am

2. Ride Tower of Terror with FastPass+: 9:35am – 10:35am

3. Visit FP kiosk outside Tower of Terror and schedule 3D Muppets

4. See Voyage of the Little Mermaid: 10:50 or 11:15 show

5. Visit Star Wars Launch Bay

6. Break/ Lunch

7. Ride Toy Story Mania with FastPass+: 1:40-2:40

8. Jedi Training: 3:40 (arrive at 3:10)

9. Ride Star Tours with FastPass+: 3:55-4:55 arrival

10.Indiana Jones 5:00 show

11.Muppets 3D with Fastpass +: TBD

12.Leave for dinner? Or eat at park?

You only get 3 FP+ initially and have to use ALL your first 3 before you can add more. And you have to add more one by one once you use each extra FP. After each additional FP you have to keep visiting a kiosk for each one.
Make sense you can't add any at a kiosk until you finish your initial 3 you booked in MDE.
And restaurants is up to you. There is lots of great TS restaurants there but just depends what you want to eat. Look at menus at any restaurants and decide.
I see your not doing Fantasmic. I would not miss Fantasmic personally. :)

JChoma

Original Poster
You only get 3 FP+ initially and have to use ALL your first 3 before you can add more. And you have to add more one by one once you use each extra FP. After each additional FP you have to keep visiting a kiosk for each one.
Make sense you can't add any at a kiosk until you finish your initial 3 you booked in MDE. :)
I am SO glad you informed me of this. I thought once you used one FP, you could replace it with another. Didn't realize you had to use all 3 first! Thanks for this tip!

sxeensweet

I am SO glad you informed me of this. I thought once you used one FP, you could replace it with another. Didn't realize you had to use all 3 first! Thanks for this tip!

Your very welcome! And yep only 3 are allowed initially each day and once all those are used you can add 1 at a time. Also be aware the popular ones may have nothing available for your additional choices. :)
Also noticed you are not doing Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks show that's after Fantasmic. I would not miss these 2 nighttime shows!
And restaurants just pick a restaurant there or elsewhere that you like the menu. There are lots of great TS at HS and elsewhere. At HS we love Mama Melrose, 50's, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Sci Fi (atmosphere can't be beat). :)

Witchy Chick

You also might want to see if you can adjust your FP times. I was "assigned" certain times when I picked the attractions we wanted -- and those times were spread through out the day. I adjusted the times of FP2 and FP3 so that all three are essentially back to back to back. That will enable you to book a possible FP4 sooner in the day (if you need a FP4).

JChoma

Original Poster
Your very welcome! And yep only 3 are allowed initially each day and once all those are used you can add 1 at a time. Also be aware the popular ones may have nothing available for your additional choices. :)
Also noticed you are not doing Fantasmic or the Star Wars fireworks show that's after Fantasmic. I would not miss these 2 nighttime shows!
And restaurants just pick a restaurant there or elsewhere that you like the menu. There are lots of great TS at HS and elsewhere. At HS we love Mama Melrose, 50's, Hollywood Brown Derby, and Sci Fi (atmosphere can't be beat). :)
We are taking your advice and seeing Fantasmic. :) Do you know if it's possible to see Fantasmic at 8:30 then the Star Wars fireworks at 9:15? Is there time to get over to the Star Wars viewing area by that time? It looks like we need to get to Fantasmic pretty early to get a spot. Not sure how that works for Star Wars....

sxeensweet

We are taking your advice and seeing Fantasmic. :) Do you know if it's possible to see Fantasmic at 8:30 then the Star Wars fireworks at 9:15? Is there time to get over to the Star Wars viewing area by that time? It looks like we need to get to Fantasmic pretty early to get a spot. Not sure how that works for Star Wars....

Awesome! You have to see all shows while in WDW if you haven't done them at least once yet. We do them all every single trip. And yes it is scheduled that way so you can see both. Many do this every night and that's what Disney wants is you to enjoy both. You just need to stand anywhere facing the Great Movie Ride Theater and thats not far to get to from Fantasmic area at all. Fantasmic has limited seating Inside a venue as to why you need to arrive early or get a fast pass etc. The fireworks you can stand anywhere you can see them and it's not limited like for Fantasmic. It's just like viewing Wishes etc you just stand and pick a spot. :)

JChoma

Original Poster
Awesome! You have to see all shows while in WDW if you haven't done them at least once yet. We do them all every single trip. And yes it is scheduled that way so you can see both. Many do this every night and that's what Disney wants is you to enjoy both. You just need to stand anywhere facing the Great Movie Ride Theater and thats not far to get to from Fantasmic area at all. Fantasmic has limited seating Inside a venue as to why you need to arrive early or get a fast pass etc. The fireworks you can stand anywhere you can see them and it's not limited like for Fantasmic. It's just like viewing Wishes etc you just stand and pick a spot. :)
Ok, that's our plan then! Thanks again for the help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom