Fast Pass conflicting with ADR?

KellyKittens

Original Poster
Hello!!

So my first WDW trip is approaching (December 23 - January 1) and we pretty much have everything set except for one thing.

During our Hollywood Studios day we have the following FPs :

Tower of Terror: 9:20 - 10:20a
Rock N Roller Coaster: 10:30 - 11:30a

Now here is where I’m a bit worried ... our third FP is Slinky Dog at 12:40 - 1:40p. However we have reservations at Sci-Fi at 11:55a and one at 1:45p. I have two ADRs because originally that third FP was at 1:55p and I was able to move it up. So my question/concern is if we rode RnR (assuming we get out of there at 11:30a) would we be able to walk across the park to Sci-Fi in 25 mins considering the time we are visiting with the crowds to make that ADR at 11:55a?

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Like I said, this is my first trip there. I don’t really know how long FP lines typically are and stuff. Please help .. I’ve been checking to modify my reservation with no luck since adding the second one.

Thank you in advance :cool:

Kamikaze

Why are you riding RnRC at the very end of the FP window? Yes, even riding it then should give you enough time to get to your ADR (you actually have 10-15 minutes after your time to check in) but I would just get on RnRC earlier.

With those FP times and those rides, (assuming 9am open) I would go to TSM or SDD at rope drop. Worst case you should be out of either one by 9:30. If there isn't a huge line for the other of the two and depending on time, I would do that one. But based on your visit dates, its going to be VERY busy, so this is probably out. Then go over and hit ToT near the end of that FP window (so getting in line at 10:10 or thereabouts, and once you get off Tower you can walk around the corner and go right into the RnRC FP at the beginning of that window. Then you'll have an hour+ to go do something else before your ADR.

Edit: Just re-read the part about having the SDD FP. After going on TSM at rope drop, find something else to fill the time until 10 - Launch Bay, Walt Disney Presents, etc and then go to ToT.

Only caveat on going to TSM first is if they are doing EMH that day - the line will most likely be longer, but as long as you get off of TSM by 10 you can get on your ToT FP.

Last edited:

KellyKittens

Original Poster
Why are you riding RnRC at the very end of the FP window? Yes, even riding it then should give you enough time to get to your ADR (you actually have 10-15 minutes after your time to check in) but I would just get on RnRC earlier.

With those FP times and those rides, (assuming 9am open) I would go to TSM or SDD at rope drop. Worst case you should be out of either one by 9:30. If there isn't a huge line for the other of the two and depending on time, I would do that one. But based on your visit dates, its gonig to be VERY busy, so this is probably out. Then go over and hit ToT near the end of that FP window (so getting in line at 10:10 or thereabouts, and once you get off Tower you can walk around the corner and go right into the RnRC FP at the beginning of that window. Then you'll have an hour to go do something else before your ADR.

I was using the RnRC end time kind of as a hypothetical. Like if we spend more time at ToT then expected and don’t get out of RnRC at 11:30. Hopefully that makes sense (got off work this morning, so I’m a little sleepy and don’t know if my sentences make sense lol).

I didn’t know you had a little time after your reservation. That is super helpful.

Thank you

dreamfinder

If you are at RnRC at the start of the FP window, you should be fine. You would want to allow 10-15 minutes to walk from there to Sci-Fi to check in. Even if you are 10-15 late to Sci-Fi they will usually be able to seat you, it just might take a little bit. Ask your server to bring the check when you get the food so you can pay and then just leave instead of hanging around waiting to close out. But you would have about 90 mins from ADR to when you would want to be walking to TSL, so that should be more than enough time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom