Fast Pass and Kids

DanielleOG

Original Poster
My boyfriend and I have been to WDW a couple times now on our own so we're pretty familiar with the rides. In 2020, we might be going again but with my mother, brother, and his two kids who will be 7 and 9. Its really hard to predict which rides they will be ok with and which would be too scary. The only thing I have to go by is our trips to a waterpark (they went on way more slides this summer than they did last summer, so they are getting braver).

My question is: If i get the whole family fast passes for Mine Train or Slinky Dog, and the kids take one look at it when we get there and say"no way," what are my options? Would their fastpasses now be a waste? Do I try to get them a different one for another time and another ride?

nickys

Premium Member
My boyfriend and I have been to WDW a couple times now on our own so we're pretty familiar with the rides. In 2020, we might be going again but with my mother, brother, and his two kids who will be 7 and 9. Its really hard to predict which rides they will be ok with and which would be too scary. The only thing I have to go by is our trips to a waterpark (they went on way more slides this summer than they did last summer, so they are getting braver).

My question is: If i get the whole family fast passes for Mine Train or Slinky Dog, and the kids take one look at it when we get there and say"no way," what are my options? Would their fastpasses now be a waste? Do I try to get them a different one for another time and another ride?

If you’re with them, there wouldn’t be an issue using their bands to ride again if you wanted.

The problem with finding something else is that someone would need to ride with them. So you would be better to just have them tap in and “use” their FP so you can then book something else together.

Weather_Lady

It's a tough thing to forecast. As a general suggestion, you might structure your touring so that you start with less-thrilling rides and gradually move up the scale, so you can see how the kids are handling it and can make adjustments to subsequent days based on how they did at the first park.

My advice would be to get FP+ for everybody together, and if the kids balk, see what FP+ alternatives are available for them at that time and change them in the app while the rest of the group "taps in" for their FP+. Then at least the kids will have the option of doing the more thrilling rides (which tend to be the highest FP+ priorities anyway).

SAV

You can modify your FP's whenever you want, so the option is there to change that one to something else. But as was said, they would have to ride that ride alone.
Or you can convince them to try it because neither ride is scary at all.
Or as was said above, someone else can use the Magicband to get on the ride, but they would need to ride alone.

rcapolete

Went with my wife and kids and my parents were with us. There were some rides that the decided against going on at the last minute (think it happened twice). CM told them to scan their brackets anyway to remove the FP from the account.

HwdStudio

Went with my wife and kids and my parents were with us. There were some rides that the decided against going on at the last minute (think it happened twice). CM told them to scan their brackets anyway to remove the FP from the account.
It would be better to cancel the FP to give another guest a chance at getting it if someone was looking at that exact moment and it does happen. The FP could also be changed to another attraction.

rcapolete

It would be better to cancel the FP to give another guest a chance at getting it if someone was looking at that exact moment and it does happen. The FP could also be changed to another attraction.
Agreed except they were "game time decision". They were rides my parents had gone on before but decided not to at the last minute and since we normally run towards the end of our window for the FP cancelling them wouldn't have helped anyone since the time window was almost over.

nickys

Premium Member

If no one is going to use the FP, then ideally they would be cancelled. But at the point of actually entering the line it serves little purpose. Someone in the stand-by one benefits anyway, being allowed on a bit quicker.

HwdStudio

If no one is going to use the FP, then ideally they would be cancelled. But at the point of actually entering the line it serves little purpose. Someone in the stand-by one benefits anyway, being allowed on a bit quicker.
That’s still a FP someone could have used. I see your points but I stand by what I said.

ninjaprincesst

I would think by the ages of 7 and 9 anything would be fair game, but that age the scare factor is pretty much gone and I can't imagine anybody being scared of slinky dog, it's pretty tame. if they did balk though I would just use theirs myself to ride again, a couple of times having to sit and wait and they will probably become a lot more brave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom