FASSPASS +

diz4ever

Original Poster
I just read that Fasspass + will be available for off site guests, what will be next EMH'S for off site guests. The reason most of us stay on site for the extra perks. It seems like we are slowly loosing some of our perks, such as only three fasspasses per day. Letting offsite guests use the fasspass + will only limit the amount of fasspasses for guests staying on site. I was told that when you choose your fasspass+ selections in advance you can only choose three per day and they have to be in the same park, which gets me to thinking ,is the park hopper option needed anymore for any future trips we will plan?

Rob562

When has FP+ ever been introduced by Disney as an on-site-only perk? Yes, it's been on-site only during testing, but that's never been intended to be the permanent way of things.

The only thing that remains to be seen in the full roll-out is how far in advance (if at all) non-Disney resort Guests have access to make FP+ reservations.

Also, loss of EMH is, to the best of my knowledge, pure speculation.

-Rob

Jeff456

I wouldn't say that at the moment Fastpass+ along with its restrictions particularly at Epcot was much of a perk... given the choice and I know they are being phased out I would still pick legacy fastpass!
But as we will almost inevitably move to purely fastpass + it is essential everyone has access and although I only stay on site, I think that is the most fair! However I still think onsite guests should be able to book further out..

weedles

I wouldnt be surprised at all when this is fully rolled out and no longer in "testing" mode to see FP+ (with on-site guests able to book ahead of time) become the replacement to EMH :arghh:

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
Fast passes has never been an on-site guest perk. They aren't changing ride capacity so there should still be the same number of fastpasses distributed per ride. Whether they are used by onsite or offsite, it's the same thing. Traditional FP, 100 people run to Space Mountain to get their FP. FP+, 100 people log in to get their FP. Maybe I'm being too simple but I don't see a difference.

OT I've read comments complaining about the off-site FP procedure. It's the difference between walking into AK and pre-selecting my FP at a kiosk as opposed to running over to Everest for your FP. Granted, I hate the limit on the FP as they stand and I hate having to micro manage my vacation but I LOVE that I don't have to pay for these FPs like some other parks. Quit complaining!

RonAnnArbor

As someone who has now tested the FP+ system and the magic bands on 4 separate visits as early as April of this year and as recently as last week, I can say that the kinks in the system have remained just as bad last week as they were 8 months ago. That being said, the FP+ system was generally considered to be awesome by first time visitors to the parks, and horrible by frequent visitors and annual passholders (one of the reasons it hasn't been rolled out to the AP folks, since they already know what their reaction is and don't need their input right now).

The Three passes in one park per day thing is the major downside -- BUT -- any savvy visitor to WDW who does park hopping knows that you don't need to use FP during the early morning arrival time -- just do the headliners and move along, and make your FP+ selections for your second (or third) park you visit that day.

The biggest complaints will be from the frequent local residents who are used to dumping their teens at the parks for the day, who then run from attraction to attraction using fastpass after fastpass to get all the headliner rides in and do them over and over and over again. This is exactly what WDW is trying to address with the 3-fastpass (and only one per ride) rule as it stands.

This, by the way, might not be the be-all and end-all. At both post-test focus groups I participated in, they spent a LOT of time asking for feedback about the 3-fastpasses in 1-park issues -- they are very aware that AP holders and frequent visitors don't want that limitation.

surfsupdon

The biggest complaints will be from the frequent local residents who are used to dumping their teens at the parks for the day, who then run from attraction to attraction using fastpass after fastpass to get all the headliner rides in and do them over and over and over again. This is exactly what WDW is trying to address with the 3-fastpass (and only one per ride) rule as it stands.

That's my family's biggest complaint all the way from the Mid Atlantic.

Our Disney ride count was severly down this past November! I'm talking big time down!!

One of the top 3 questions when returning from a Disney trip is, "How were the lines?/ Did you get to go on everything?" For regulars, touring the parks is now completely different, as less rides can now be ridden per day. As a result, our word of mouth answers are pretty poor. That seems to be the majority amoung my peers too.

donsullivan

Premium Member
As someone who has now tested the FP+ system and the magic bands on 4 separate visits as early as April of this year and as recently as last week, I can say that the kinks in the system have remained just as bad last week as they were 8 months ago. That being said, the FP+ system was generally considered to be awesome by first time visitors to the parks, and horrible by frequent visitors and annual passholders (one of the reasons it hasn't been rolled out to the AP folks, since they already know what their reaction is and don't need their input right now).

The Three passes in one park per day thing is the major downside -- BUT -- any savvy visitor to WDW who does park hopping knows that you don't need to use FP during the early morning arrival time -- just do the headliners and move along, and make your FP+ selections for your second (or third) park you visit that day.

This, by the way, might not be the be-all and end-all. At both post-test focus groups I participated in, they spent a LOT of time asking for feedback about the 3-fastpasses in 1-park issues -- they are very aware that AP holders and frequent visitors don't want that limitation.

As a local Passholder who is not 'dumping kids' but visiting myself I'd settle for actually having the opportunity to fully participate in the features of Fastpass+ instead of being treated the same as any day-guest staying at a Day's Inn on 192. When I visit Animal Kingdom over the holiday week, I'll be in those same lines we saw reports of today instead of being able to reserve my FP+ in advance.

Annual pass holders who have not stayed at a resort since the testing began cannot use any of the advance reservation features of FP+. So when I visit with friends staying at a WDW resort, I just have to wait outside while they ride since I can't book FP's in advance to ride with them. For all those who are complaining about the number of FP+ you might get, try a day when you can't get a single FP for any headliner even after you've paid $900 for your Annual Pass

luv

If staying in the bubble is no longer appealing, by all means, go offsite!

If you opt for a motel, you'll get a bigger and nicer room with more amenities.

If you go the hotel route, you'll get a bigger, nicer room with more amenities and much better service!

If you want to, for the cost of a Disney Value room, you can get a suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one a master bath, usually with a jacuzzi tub) full and equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, private balcony or patio, washer/dryer, food courts, swimming pools, basketball courts...and housekeeping, if you want it!

No doubt about it - you pay less and get, well, a whole lot more offsite than you do in the bubble. If you're ready to pop the bubble, Welcome to the wonderful world of more for less! :)

Weather_Lady

If staying in the bubble is no longer appealing, by all means, go offsite!

If you opt for a motel, you'll get a bigger and nicer room with more amenities.

If you go the hotel route, you'll get a bigger, nicer room with more amenities and much better service!

If you want to, for the cost of a Disney Value room, you can get a suite with two bedrooms, two bathrooms (one a master bath, usually with a jacuzzi tub) full and equipped kitchen, living room, dining area, private balcony or patio, washer/dryer, food courts, swimming pools, basketball courts...and housekeeping, if you want it!

No doubt about it - you pay less and get, well, a whole lot more offsite than you do in the bubble. If you're ready to pop the bubble, Welcome to the wonderful world of more for less! :)

We'll be ready to make the leap after our next trip, I believe (especially if EMH go away)! I crunched the numbers last time, and for the price of staying in a discounted standard room in a moderate resort on WDW property (which we admittedly were very pleased with), we could have rented a car and stayed in a 3-bedroom, 3-bath single family home (Disney-themed, no less) with private pool, hot tub, full kitchen and game room, less than 10 minutes from WDW. The prices are so compelling, we'd be fools not to take a good hard look at off-site options next time. Plus, the tiering of FP+ makes it practically worthless, so getting to make FP+ reservations in advance isn't enough of a perk to draw us onsite. We can compensate for the lack of early FP+ reservations in other ways...

RonAnnArbor

Understand completely --- but annual passholders and return visitors are really not who Disney is worried about targeting at this point --- its about first time visitors who spend way more money on property.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Understand completely --- but annual passholders and return visitors are really not who Disney is worried about targeting at this point --- its about first time visitors who spend way more money on property.

And if they continue with that approach of disenfranchising AP holders the way they are now, they'll likely see a drop in the number of them in the coming year(s). Why would a local AP holder renew again if it will become nearly impossible to ever ride a headliner attraction without waiting for hours like it is now. Given the amount of visits I make each year (easily 50+ visits a year), I spend more than most once in a lifetime guests in any one year. I'll likely be dropping down to a much lower level of AP and spending far less time and money in coming years if this is the new norm. I'm disappointed that I'm at this point after nearly 20 years with an AP but why should I give them any more money, they clearly don't want it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom