Farewell to the Land

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
CoryMitchell said:
Hey Guys.
I know you all were really ed at Jim for his criticism of General Grizz over the whole land thing. But, there is a great new article on the site today that just got posted written by Wade Sampson called "Farewell to the Land". I thought you guys might enjoy it.
Here is the link:http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/articles/showarticle.php?ID=1245

Cory Mitchell
JHM Creative Director

I wouldnt quite say that everyone here shares the views of Grizz over the situation at the Land.

Nice article, good history of the pavilion. That whole balloon thing is getting a bit overplayed though. Sure they are visually attractive and symbolic, but I still feel that the changes coming to the Land are a positive thing for Epcot and should be encouraged. Major new ETickets (regardless of whether they are cloned or not), are a relatively rare thing at Epcot in recent years, and I for one am defiantely not going to wish Soarin' would disappear, just to save the balloons.

The article also talks about themeing and story being destroyed. Isnt is a bit premature to decalre that at this stage? We have to wait until April 1 to see what has happened. Hopefully many of you will be presently surprised.

MissM

I agree with Steve. I'm reserving judgement on what The Land will be until I see it for myself after it's renovation.
-m

se8472

ahh truth any ride going down for a few months is sad....but I am sure it will be cool.

Also I agree Steve, hard to talk down something when you have not seen it.

Scooter

I'm anxious to see the new Land Pavillion when it opens.
Soarin sounds fantastic and my favorite Living with the Land will still be there so all is good.

There is food available everywhere in WDW so if the food court is smaller..so be it.

120 Days!! Disney World...Here I come! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom