Fantasyland Imagination

NateD1226

Original Poster
Code Name: Cinderella's Juice Box

Day 1 7:49 PM PST
March 27th, 2019

As I am typing this, imagination is flowing through my head for a ride that will make Disneyland Resort even more magical. The question is, what might a ride that I make stand out from others? As I have only been doing this for 9 months, I have yet to learn all of the amazing skills of Imagineering. This might be my most magical project to date! My nerves and adrenaline are running high as I work on a project that could make or break a win. Will my somewhat bad writing skills kick in? Can I create more art? Will it impress other Imagineers? Will I be impressed? I guess we all will have to wait and see...

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 2 7:00 AM PST
March 28th, 2019

As I wake up this March morning, I wonder what makes Fantasyland so great. Is it all the wonderful rides that you experience on your trip at Disney. Is it the delicious food you try? Is it all the characters walking around gracefully throughout the land. Or is it all about how you make it?

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 4 6:43 PM PST
March 30th, 2019

Well it's the 30th and I am still breaking down the Imagineering skills of the ride. I want everything to be almost perfect. You can't make it perfect because you need to make sure that you have room to grow. This whole Stanza has me running for images and advice to make the writeup great! Thinking about the movie Cinderella, I want to use the values the movie shows and use them all throughout ride. If you don't know these values, you should really start thinking about the movie and its values. I still have a lot of work to complete. Will post later.

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 5 4:44 PM PST
March 31st, 2019

My favorite thing in the world is theming. I am just being sarcastic haha. Theming is super hard to accomplish. You want it to be great transition from land to land or place to place. Another thing to think about is special effects. You don’t want to many because it will overpower the ride. But if you have very little, the ride will seem empty and not executed well. I sure do use the word executed a lot haha.

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 5 7:20 PM PST
March 31st, 2019

Writing scenes for a ride is difficult. I think I have trouble keeping it short enough to make it stand out even with enough detail. I try to think how to incorporate detail in such a project like this. With my Cruella ride, I rushed and put too much thought into a simple ride. This is why it wasn't a great writeup. With this ride, I hope to accomplish great lengths and make it the best ride ever!

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 6 3:16 PM PST
April 1st, 2019

It is getting down to the last hours. I am finishing up my ride and making the charm stand out. I want each scene to have a decent amount of special effects and originality. Having a decent amount of both values results in a great ride. Now let me get back to work. See you soon!

Last edited:

NateD1226

Original Poster

Day 6 6:32 PM PST
April 1st, 2019

Ahhh! The nerves before posting! I hope you enjoyed my "pre-show" of breaking down the fun and stress of Imagineering. I wanted to show a different side of me and I think I am accomplished it! I love the ride I am about to post and think it's my favorite yet!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom