Fantasyland Aerials (July 5)

photoflight

Original Poster
The WDWMagic versions are already up here, but as an added treat this month I'm posting some higher resolution versions. Thanks to everyone that left me comments and emails through my website. I'm more active in the fall and winter months, June I was in New England and I'll be away again until August. The better photography is in the winter anyway :)

For best color rendition view with Firefox or Safari

Click to enlarge...

Click here for even higher resolution, beware: it's nearly 3mb.

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click to enlarge...

Click here for even higher resolution, beware: it's 2mb.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The WDWMagic versions are already up here, but as an added treat this month I'm posting some higher resolution versions. Thanks to everyone that left me comments and emails through my website. I'm more active in the fall and winter months, June I was in New England and I'll be away again until August. The better photography is in the winter anyway :)

Cool! High resolution aerial construction photo goodness! :D

Thanks Scott.

hpyhnt 1000

Many thanks, Scott! Your updates are always great.

EDIT: After looking at the higher res shots of the Belle/Beast area, there seem to be a number of paths/possible doorways in and out of the rock work (of course, it could just be the shadows playing tricks on me). I've highlighted them with red, yellow, and pink arrows, and also drew in where the waterfall is located. One of them must be the exit for the Belle meet n greet, but that still leaves two other possible areas. Anyone have any insights on these paths and where they may lead to/from?

FLEBeastArea.jpg

WDWBryan

The yellow and first pink probably connect to each other making a cave behind the waterfall so you can go directly between BoG and belle

hpyhnt 1000

The yellow and first pink probably connect to each other making a cave behind the waterfall so you can go directly between BoG and belle

Thats what I suspected as well. If thats the case, it could make for a great photo spot. The other thing that intrigued me about that is if there is a path back there, it possible there is space for a sort of mini story walk through for Beauty and the Beast, similar to the Sleeping Beauty castle walk through at Disneyland. Obviously there is not enough room in this area for something that size, but it seems like there definitely could be room for a few alcoves of stained glass or something.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

EDIT: After looking at the higher res shots of the Belle/Beast area, there seem to be a number of paths/possible doorways in and out of the rock work (of course, it could just be the shadows playing tricks on me). I've highlighted them with red, yellow, and pink arrows, and also drew in where the waterfall is located. One of them must be the exit for the Belle meet n greet, but that still leaves two other possible areas. Anyone have any insights on these paths and where they may lead to/from?

FLEBeastArea.jpg

I am guessing that the red is the entrance to Storytime with Belle and Yellow is the exit. Hard to tell if the pink is actually an opening. You can see in this older picture a tunnel coming off the Storytime with Belle building which is probably the opening you have maked in Yellow on the current picture.

DSC3122bcsrgb-L.jpg

tl77

I'm pretty sure the red is the queue space for the Belle M&G, the yellow is the exit path back to the front of the Belle M&G, back to "stroller parking" basically, and I think the pink is either an second Belle M&G exit behind the waterfall to BOG, of just a Secondary BOG exit, or maybe a combination of the 2? not 100% sure on the pink one. At one point on the model there looked to be a 2nd story exit from BOG but that seems to have gone away since the actual construction began

Fantasyland%20Model%2004.jpg

that's the now M.I.A. 2nd story exit in the middle left

Rescue Ranger

Amazing photos, thank-you so much :)

Though, I will say, I was expecting them to be a little more further along than this. Maybe it is and it just looks that way. I really wish they would just forget about the Dwarves Mine Train and just finish what WILL/should be opening soon and once that is done, work on the Mine Train.

HokieDevil

The forest around Maurice's cottage and up to the rock work is looking great. I think that's what has impressed me the most with this photo set. The Fantasyland Forest and the water features will no doubt have me just wanting to sit around and relax...now if only Disney can stop the screaming kids from getting in; that would be perfect.

kap91

FLEBeastArea.jpg

The red and yellow are both exits to Belle's as I believe there were two identical show rooms ala Stitch/soarin/haunted mansion.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
With every new update, I am constantly blown away that they keep adding more and more trees to this area. I really thought they were going to cut down the number of trees from the drawings / models in the end. I'm very very happy to see this.
Thank you for the amazing pictures! Looks like I've got lots of staring at details to do during work tomorrow!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Also, I'm way digging the hidden seashell in the rockwork in TLM. I'm sure this was probably common knowledge before, but this is the first time I'm noticing it and I love it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom