Fantasy in the Sky Returns!

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I was watching Wishes from the fireworks viewing area at the contemporary, and when they were over I had to meet up with my parents at Downtown Disney. I decided to take the long way and take a boat to Fort Wilderness and then catch a bus at the outpost. When I arrived at the Fort Wilderness Marina some music that I knew from a long time ago started playing from a boat near the old Discovery Island. I recognized it as Fantasy In The Sky. It appeared that right after Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, Fantasy In The Sky apperared in the Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporey area of the Lagoon. The whole show was so amazing to see once again. I don't know if this is a permanant add on for the 50th anniversary celebration or not. Can anyone else tell me if they have seen this?

The_CEO

mpaul32001 said:
I was watching Wishes from the fireworks viewing area at the contemporary, and when they were over I had to meet up with my parents at Downtown Disney. I decided to take the long way and take a boat to Fort Wilderness and then catch a bus at the outpost. When I arrived at the Fort Wilderness Marina some music that I knew from a long time ago started playing from a boat near the old Discovery Island. I recognized it as Fantasy In The Sky. It appeared that right after Wishes at the Magic Kingdom, Fantasy In The Sky apperared in the Fort Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporey area of the Lagoon. The whole show was so amazing to see once again. I don't know if this is a permanant add on for the 50th anniversary celebration or not. Can anyone else tell me if they have seen this?

Woah... Wait a minute... Thats weird! Anyone know of this?

Robfasto

I haven't heard anything.

Where did the fireworks get shot from? Discovery Island?

That would be a cool place to shoot fireworks from.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
They shot off in a fireworks boat like the ones they use for Illuminations. They wouldn't shoot them form dicovery island, too many animals.

Robfasto

Last I heard Discovery Island didn't have any animals left.

Being shot from a barge would allow for it to be shot from either Bay Lake or Seven Seas Lagoon.

Interesting indeed.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Even though I am only 14 years old I have seen Wishes 20 times so far. I have also been to Disney about 30 times a year! I would love to see Fantasy In The Sky come back!

mpaul32001

Original Poster
Nothing special was going on in the MK except for Cinderellabration soft openngs, the park was open until midnight though.

mpaul32001

Original Poster
I didn't notice a party there. where was it at? what was it for? and i think there was a special convention at the Grand Floridian. I saw tons of people on the monorails with special tags going from the Contemporary to the GF.

se8472

There are always private parties going on around property so you might not have seen it. It could have been anything down to just one person paying for all of it just to see it from there rooms. But if this keeps going we might have something new.

Siege898

mpaul32001 said:
I didn't notice a party there. where was it at? what was it for? and i think there was a special convention at the Grand Floridian. I saw tons of people on the monorails with special tags going from the Contemporary to the GF.

yes there is a convention at the GF, my parents are down there for it, although i dont think they were at the contemparary...i wish i was down there with them to see it then..if thats the reason...

askmike1

hcwalker16 said:
Don't they occasionally bring FITS back for special events? Was there anything going on in the park that night?
FitS is usually brought back for the 4th, Halloween, and christmas time. Except now with Haunted Wishes and the Holiday Wishes, the only chance to see FitS [I believe] is on the 4th of July.

-/\/\|C|7/\E|_

peter11435

askmike1 said:
FitS is usually brought back for the 4th, Halloween, and christmas time. Except now with Haunted Wishes and the Holiday Wishes, the only chance to see FitS [I believe] is on the 4th of July.

-/\/\|C|7/\E|_
Wicked Wishes! and Winter Wishes!

DizkneeBoi

Account Suspended
What do they do to wishes to make them different?! Also I think the initial poster is completely lieing about FitS being back.

MissM

Things like this get listed on the calendar. For example, on NYE, they listed both Wishes and Fantasy in the Sky. A quick check shows that only Wishes (and the parades of course) are listed for the last few days.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom