Fantasy in the sky fireworks

pierce343

Account Suspended
Original Poster
IS there any place in the polynesian where you can see the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom? I have a lagoon view and I was wondering if I could see the fireworks from my room.

DisneyPhD

Pretty much anywhere on the beach is an awesome place to view the fireworks. We were there last December when almost everynight had the MVMCP fireworks. Seven Seas Lagoon looked like it was on fire when the grand finale went off.
Several years ago on our first night at WDW as a couple, my wife and I were touring all the monorail resorts and happened to walk out on the beach just as the first firework was going off. A truly magical experience:)
I'm sure your room will have a spectacular view as well.

orlandoparks

You can see the fireworks from it. I know because I got out of the luau and was exiting threw the beach and I could see them. It was pretty cool.:)

I love the Polynesian. It's probably my favorite Resort Hotel, and the last time I stayed, I got a beach side room. I watched the fireworks almost every night.

LoriL

It's also fun to watch them while you are taking a dip in the pool. You have a great view from there (and from anywhere else along the beach!).

MKingdom25

I am not sure about seeing from your room, but I just walked down the hall and out to the exit balcony and had an awesome view! Also I agree with everyone else that the beach is a great place also.

And Hyperion93, I agree with you that Polynesian is my fav. Good call!

DrMouse

You may want to jump on the monorail and go to the Contempory and have dinner at the California Grill at the time that they are going on, or grab a drink and go out on the observation deck and watch. You can also ask for a window seat if you call early enough. The view is unbelievable but they are not directly behind the castle.

ToTBellHop

Well, the fireworks are directly behind the Castle if you are standing on Main Street, but they are launched well behind it...so the second you shift 45º to the right of that line of sight, to the line of sight b/t the Contemporary and Cinderella Castle, the fireworks appear quite a bit to the right of the Castle.

cuteypatooty78

Anyone know how good of a view of the fireworks you get from the Boardwalk Villa's? Our room will be on the second floor facing towards the boardwalk! :)

ToTBellHop

facing the Boardwalk? You won't see any fireworks...World Showcase is the other direction (assuming you are talking about seeing Reflections of Earth here...).

cuteypatooty78

I wouldn't mind seeing the one on the water with the globe. Can I see it or any other fireworks from the direction my room is facing? Doesn't the boardwalk face EPCOT?

Poncho1973

Originally posted by cuteypatooty78
I wouldn't mind seeing the one on the water with the globe. Can I see it or any other fireworks from the direction my room is facing? Doesn't the boardwalk face EPCOT?

If you were in the East wing of Boardwalk with a room that faced out toward the parking lot (not overlooking the boardwalk) you should be able to see some of the higher pyro.

Unfortunately for you, the pyro for Illuminations: Reflections of Earth stays decently low. Fantasy in the Sky is a much higher in the sky, thus you can see it from further away.

If you are on the West wing facing outside (facing the Swan Hotel) of the Boardwalk, you should easily see the Fantasmic pyro.

A much better idea (assuming you didn't want to be inside the park) would be to walk about 1/2 way to Epcot from the Boardwalk Resort and watch the entire thing from the pedestrian bridge before you get to the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. That SHOULD give you a fairly unobstructed view of the pyro. I'm not sure about your view of the actual globe itself from there.

the_snow_prince

From the Poly, definatly try either the beach or the dock. This is a great spot to watch the fireworks from MK, as well as the Kiss Goodnight and Electrical Water Pagent. As for Boardwalk, try the pavilion between the Boardwalk and the Beach Club (neer the ESPN Zone, I beleive). You'll be able to see the fireworks, hear the music, and I believe you'll be able to see a country or two light up during the show.

MKingdom25

Originally posted by the_snow_prince
From the Poly, definatly try either the beach or the dock. This is a great spot to watch the fireworks from MK, as well as the Kiss Goodnight and Electrical Water Pagent. As for Boardwalk, try the pavilion between the Boardwalk and the Beach Club (neer the ESPN Zone, I beleive). You'll be able to see the fireworks, hear the music, and I believe you'll be able to see a country or two light up during the show.

And also along this lines, maybe give your girlfriend or wife a kiss goodnight also. Sorry I just couldn't resist throwing that out there! HAHA :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom