Fantasmic to Close?

shakes20

Original Poster
Long time lurker, first time poster.

My wife called to make priority seating reservations for our trip in early May today, and asked specifically for The Brown Derby, so that we could get priority seating at Fantasmic. She was told by the CM that Fantasmic was closing on Feb. 25th and would not be running after that. I hope that this is not true, I will certainly miss the show. Has anyone else heard this? I haven't seen it posted anywhere else.

Shakes20

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
i doubt there's any truth to that statement, considering they're holding rehearsals soon

CAPTAIN HOOK

You're wife has obviously just spoken to the only CM who doesn't know what she's talking about (or she's got her self confused) -
Fantasmic is the biggest crowd puller in MGM (or perhaps any of the parks) and is unlikely to close until Disney find something bigger and better to replace it with (and that will be difficult :lol: )

TURKEY

What is scheduled to close is calling in advance for priority seating. You've got to make it during your stay or at the park and no longer over the phone weeks/months in advance.

free9

if fatasmic would close then that would be the end of mgm as we know it.....i think it is the best show in all of the parks :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

shakes20

Original Poster
Fantasmic is not closing....

Sorry for the misinformation. I just called back, and it is the dinner and a show that is ending. You will no longer get priority seating just because you have dinner at Prime Time Cafe or The Brown Derby.
Sorry for the mistake, the CM we talked to last night didn't do a very good job of explaining herself. I too am glad that this show is not going away.

shakes20

Grumpy56

I may be wrong but aren't they going back to the old Fantasmic Dinner Package where you have to book in person, up to 7 days ahead and then you just have to order one entree per adult?

This is much better IMHO because it's not so expensive and gives you more flexibility in what you order.

BDF

Shakes,

That's the impression I was given.. The Call ahead and pay ahead Priority seating was a test. Similar to the Candellight Processional Priority seating. I think that they are going back to Book the week that you are on the grounds, and pay for all parts of your meal at the three resturaunts. The Brown Derby, Mama Melrose and Hollywood and Vine.

WeirdOne

And just when I was hoping something good would happen. Our Fantasmic! does not deserve to be called one because as much as I enjoyed it, it was very bad in my opinion. Although I hope to one day work in WDW Entertainment and hopefully play a part in Fantasmic!, I certainly did not enjoy how WDW ruined and I dare say butchered a wonderous show. No offense to anyone who works on it or likes it. I appreciate all the hard efforts that go into this show night after night. Props to the CMs. - The WeirdOne :D

free9

hey weirdone,
i hope they give you a job a disney............. claening up after the horses on main street....fantasmic is a wonderful show that involves all of the characters and has a good story line .... good winning over evil....like most of disney`s stories .....

4 parks 1 world:sohappy:

WeirdOne

Originally posted by free9
hey weirdone,
i hope they give you a job a disney............. claening up after the horses on main street....fantasmic is a wonderful show that involves all of the characters and has a good story line .... good winning over evil....like most of disney`s stories .....

4 parks 1 world:sohappy:

Excuse me free9, I think that was very rude. I was trying to say that Fantasmic! was not properly executed in my opinion. I believe it could have turned out much better and can if WDW would be willing to change it some. That's all! I love the storyline, and I love the show, I just (stating it again) did not like the way it was executed. I meant no harm to anyone who works the show or had a part in the creation. - The WeirdOne :D

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
free9,

that was very rude, and uncalled for. Please read our rules of posting, as Flaming other members is not tolerated.

Blizz

I think that the water screen effect is wonderful. I think that the imagineer or CM that came up with that was very smart. I enjoy fantasmic a lot. I applaud the cast and crew of it. I always look at the technical aspect of any show and I must say, it is run more professionally then some broadway shows I have seen. The special effects alone make it well worth the gate admission for me. Some things can be improved, but on the whole, i feel its a marvilious show.

Originally posted by WeirdOne
I certainly did not enjoy how WDW ruined and I dare say butchered a wonderous show.

Actually, WDW didn't do anything. The show director/choreographer for the WDW show is the same one who did the DL show.

WeirdOne

Originally posted by Mary Poppins
Actually, WDW didn't do anything. The show director/choreographer for the WDW show is the same one who did the DL show.

Thank you for that correction. I now feel more informed. Well, I feel he took a wrong turn somewhere along the line like what happened to Light Magic! although I felt Light Magic! was a great show. I think they need to rethink some sequences and some of the ideas they used. Personally, I also feel Fantasmic! does not belong in a movie studio because it has almost no relation (and please don't point out the fact it uses movies or that it is based on good and evil. So is Snow White's Scary Adventures ;)). - The WeirdOne :D

BradleyJ

Originally posted by WeirdOne
Personally, I also feel Fantasmic! does not belong in a movie studio because it has almost no relation (and please don't point out the fact it uses movies or that it is based on good and evil. So is Snow White's Scary Adventures ;)). - The WeirdOne :D

So how much more does it fit in in Frontierland.

If if fits there, then it fits in the Disney Studio, theme park.

The director did say, I remember reading when it opened. That the WDW version did correct the flow and continuity problems with the Dl show.

While I do think of of the individual scenes are better in the show.

Each of the scenes do not flow well, and each just don't fit, they jump straight form one to the other, with no continuity.

If anything, I do think the WDW version is more cohesive.

WeirdOne

Great opinion and I personally agree somehwat, but I never said it was much better in Frontierland either. I never specifically mentioned. I think I'll just leave this topic alone for now because as much as I want to be in Fantasmic! and enjoy it the whole idea, I just don't like SOME of the execution. - The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom