Fantasmic Question

DisneyStar05

Original Poster
My friend is a first time traveler to the WDW Resort and wants to see Fantasmic, but also wants to know if it's better to take your own pictures or if there's postcards that she can buy that reflect the show? Anyone know about this? I don't recall seeing any postcards and the pics I took didn't really turn out that great.

Chape19714

You can take pics, and that would be best, but to be honest, I hate to see when people experiance such a great show through the lens of a camera. Watch it for yourself.

gembob

go to see it twice, first time watch the show, second time take pics, you will also know then when to take the pictures you really want!

TheDisneyMagic

go to see it twice, first time watch the show, second time take pics, you will also know then when to take the pictures you really want!

Agreed, this is a great way to do it, by doing this; A you can see the show the way it is suposed to be seen (not through a lense) and B the second time you see the show you will be prepared for the shots that you want.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've watched many Disney attractions through the lens of a camera or camcorder and don't feel that it has spoiled my Disney experience. Take your own pics of the show - you could always buy somebody else's work afterwards if yours don't come out that well

heliumalias

Do the whole audience a favor though and don't use the flash. You'll be too far away from the show for it to make a difference to the photos.

TheDisneyMagic

I've watched many Disney attractions through the lens of a camera or camcorder and don't feel that it has spoiled my Disney experience. Take your own pics of the show - you could always buy somebody else's work afterwards if yours don't come out that well

My self included, but I still believe the first time you watch it should be without the camera. Unless it is a one off event, then try and set the camera up as good as possible to run by its self.

Philo

The first time I saw fantasmic I videoed the whole thing and love it. The second time I didn't bother with the camera and it was like seeing a totally different show. IMHO, I would leave the camera and just enjoy the show.

It's also worth remembering that camera don't always work well with Fantasmic because of the lighting and effects used.

hwdelien

It's tough to take a good picture, most digital cameras are too automatic to take even average pictures in these conditions especially if they have a fixed lens. First your flash is useless, it always amazes me watch all of those flashes going off that are useless over 15 feet. A well lit scene that you have can zoom all the way into (fill the frame) you may have a chance. But most digital cameras will do 2x even 5x optical zoom which is not enough.

I have a camcorder that has 38x zoom and did a reasonably good job.

hcswingfield

You should also be aware that certain sections of the Fantasmic viewing area can get wet from the effects of the show, especially if the wind is blowing the wrong direction. You may not want to have your camera out where it could get "misted" on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom