Fantasmic or Toy Story FP?

ARO

Original Poster
Is a FP for Fantasmic a must? We have a 5 year old. I have heard that you need to get in line an hour and a half prior. We are going in April during the Star Wars marathon weekend. (Our current FP is for Toy Story. Extra Magic Hours 9:30-11:30.)

Rob562

Is there a second showing of Fantasmic? If so, you can typically enter the theater 20 minutes before showtime and get a decent seat.

Keep your TSMM FP+.

-Rob

clarabellej

I have never seen a need for fastpass for Fantasmic and we go during Spring Break which can be very busy.
On the other hand, I think there is usually a second showing during that time.
We got a sad email fr Disney letting us know that our fastpass for Toy Story would not be valid the day we go to HS, which is 3/15/16.
The ride will be down due to the addition of a third track. As far as I know it is only down that day.

Do the Toy Story pass for sure. You do not, I repeat not want to get stuck in the never ending line for that ride with Mr. Potato head. It can truly be a nightmare!;)

habuma

The *one* time we got a FP+ for Fantasmic! we found that it gave us no real advantage over those just walking in. In fact, it was our understanding that those with FP+ would be let in earlier to pick their seats (there is no reserved seating for Fantasmic!). We showed up early, even for the FP+ arrival time, and they were already letting in everyone. No benefit to the FP+ whatsoever. If you are looking for reserved seating, then check into the F! dining package. (We're going to try that out in May...mostly because we also wanted to check out the Minnie Mouse character dining at H&V and it was a no-brainer to add the F! dining package on top of that reservation.)

TSMM is *ALWAYS* your best bet for FP+ in DHS, unless you absolutely hate that attraction. If you even think you might want to ride it, I recommend (from experience) that you get a FP+ for it *and* show up before the park opens so that you can (1) run to it at rope drop and (2) turn right around and ride it with FP+.

DisneyFans4Life

Do it for TSMM. If you're concerned with getting a good seat or don't want to waster an hour and a half just sitting waiting for the show, do a dinner package at either Hollywood & Vine, Mama Melrose or Brown Derby. They will give you a certificate that allows you to sit right in the center section and arrive 20 minutes before the show starts.

mimitchi33

If your kid is scared of the Disney villains, darkness or loud fireworks, I would not go. He's still a bit young, after all.
If he isn't afraid of any of those things, take him to the show and do a dinner package.
I would keep the Toy Story fastpass, as that ride usually has the longest queues at the park.

mousedreamer.com

Is a FP for Fantasmic a must? We have a 5 year old. I have heard that you need to get in line an hour and a half prior. We are going in April during the Star Wars marathon weekend. (Our current FP is for Toy Story. Extra Magic Hours 9:30-11:30.)

I would do Toy Story and after you use your FastPasses for that day try to get one for Fantasmic! Another option would be to check for openings to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom