Familiar Smells

hypercatmatt04

Original Poster
Have you ever been out and about and thought, "Wow, this smells like something from Disney World!" This has happened to me. For example, I was walking through the halls at school and thought to myself, "Wow, this smells just like Mickey's Magical Tv World!" I have no idea how I remember the smell, since when I saw the show I was only like 4.

jesserin

yes - I do that all the time, but I am a very smell oriented person (guess that means some of my other senses are lackin - oh well) anyway - I relate smells all the time... the other day I was in a new house that hadn't been moved into yet and it reminded me of the smell of our room when we stayed at the Contemp and everything was new... Also, the other day I smelled a wierd twist on coffe and it smelled just like the part in Figment when they try to stink you out - but it really just smells like a stale coffee... :)

jesserin

hypercatmatt04 said:
Whenever I smell gas from the stove, I think King Kong.
:lookaroun

:lol: LOL - that's too funny...

Whenever I smell Apple Pie I think of Mickey's Philharmagic... that's a little mixed up don't you think? A food I've smelled all my life brings me back not to holidays or special occassions - but to Disney World... ;)

So weird that you ask cuz it just happened to me the other day, twice!

First I was outside a restaurant and I smelled something deep fried as I was standing near a deisel truck. It smelled like Disney to me although I still can't figure out exactly where.

Then later that day, my sister was making some frozen dinner thing in the microwave and it smelled EXACTLY like the turkey leg carts. Almost made me throw up! :hurl:

So those are mine. Every once in a while the smell of Orlando's water reminds me of Pirates. And the vent in my friend's car smells like the Haunted Mansion.

Pirate Jeff °o°

StarScream86

My old masters of the universe figure,stinkor, smells like the imagination ride,the part with the skunk smell.
it also smells like a stinky strach and sniff book.

"Just be glad that soarin doesn't fly over a farm,lol.:hurl: phew!"

Teenchy

PirateJeffWDW said:
Then later that day, my sister was making some frozen dinner thing in the microwave and it smelled EXACTLY like the turkey leg carts. Almost made me throw up! :hurl:

Pirate Jeff °o°

What, please bottle that smell and send it to me. I love Turkey Legs!:slurp:

Teenchy

PirateJeffWDW said:
So those are mine. Every once in a while the smell of Orlando's water reminds me of Pirates. And the vent in my friend's car smells like the Haunted Mansion.

Pirate Jeff °o°

Friends car smells like the Haunted Mansion?? I'm afraid to ask.:lol:

pintraderpayee

Anytime I smell a waffle cone I think of Main Street. My daughter and I always sniff anything with that new plastic smell because it smells like her WDW pressed penny books! It is an embarassment to the two men in our family to see the two women sniffing things in Wal Mart to get our "Disney hit." :p

21 days until the "yellow limo" is Orlando bound (27 teenaged students-school bus-930 miles of smiles:sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: )

Tom

Beta Return
I was in the boiler room of an old hospital here in Indiana a few months ago - and the hot grease smell took me back to Big Thunder immediately!

I smell WDW Air Conditioning in the summer once in a while, when it's really humid and I have MAX AC on in my car. Mmmmm.

Just the other day I smelled the burning smell from Rome in SSE - I can't, for the life of me, remember where or what it was!

Certain popcorns take me to the MK.

hypercatmatt04

Original Poster
The instant potatos at school reminded me of Libery Tree Tavern.
Which doesn't make sense, since LTT has the best mashed potatos in the world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom