Fairytale Weddings Job

disneyweddingdreams

Original Poster
Hello,
I am looking to get some advice on finding and getting a job with Disneyworld's Fairytale Weddings Department. I have done the Disney College Program and I have experience in Wedding Planning/ Event Planning/ Food and Beverage. However the only jobs every posted on Disney Careers is the internship and I am now almost 3 years out of college, so I can't be a candidate.
Weddings is what I know and love and am just not sure how to connect with someone to get into it. I have tried calling their number, but the planners there don't handle hiring, so there is only so much they can tell you. I have tried reaching out to some planners on LinkedIn as well, but they never respond (I am sure I am one of millions that randomly reach out to them).
Any advice would really help. Thanks! Have a magical day!

ULPO46

Hello,
I am looking to get some advice on finding and getting a job with Disneyworld's Fairytale Weddings Department. I have done the Disney College Program and I have experience in Wedding Planning/ Event Planning/ Food and Beverage. However the only jobs every posted on Disney Careers is the internship and I am now almost 3 years out of college, so I can't be a candidate.
Weddings is what I know and love and am just not sure how to connect with someone to get into it. I have tried calling their number, but the planners there don't handle hiring, so there is only so much they can tell you. I have tried reaching out to some planners on LinkedIn as well, but they never respond (I am sure I am one of millions that randomly reach out to them).
Any advice would really help. Thanks! Have a magical day!
Honestly, it is like Imagineering, jobs come and go and if you didn't do the professional internship than you are very much out of luck. It is one of the jobs like Imagineering or Management that doesn't have a great deal of turnaround rate. The pay is excellent, the benefits extraordinary that being said most of the people who work there full time, have been with the company for years. You can keep on checking as often as you'd like on the Disney Careers Portal but honestly, you are better off trying to work for a different company. Not to burst any hopes, they tend to hire within their intern pool just because they enjoy hands on training. Now that doesn't mean you can apply to any of the on-property non Disney hotels, as they too offer wedding planning and the works. But to be honest it's one of the hardest to find jobs with Disney. Don't give up on your dreams, but also don't waste away your talent and look for another company or position within TWDC.

Disorbust

Sorry to tell you this but the chances of getting full time at wedding without an intership is pretty much impossible. In fact there are very few that get full time after completing the internship. My daughter knows one women who got it by literally chasing down the "manager" in the parking lot to get an interview. IF you you really want it I would suggest signing up for a class that would make you eligible for the internship. I am stunned by how many people do this. Maybe look at some of the online graduate certificates. We have been looking at Penn state for my daughter and there online presents is pretty amazing. If you want to see how comptitive the internship is join the facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1291108654275802/

bluetiedye

My friend is an events coordinator with the wedding group. From how she talks about it, it doesn't sound all that fun. Imagine how difficult a typical bride and groom are. Now imagine how difficult a bride and groom are that want a wedding at Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom