External site reservation and linking back to magic band

sillykid

Original Poster
I have a reservation right now for Pop, but see that there are some third party websites like orbitz that can get me a better room only deal. If I was to book through an external site and then purchase my tickets through disney, how do you go about getting magic bands, and linking the room and tickets to one account? Thanks in advance.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Booking your Disney Resort room through Orbitz will be just like using a Travel Agent. You'll get a booking reference number which you can link to MDE. Tickets are the same, link the ticket serial number to your MDE.

sillykid

Original Poster
Captain Hook, first off thank you for your feedback. So if I purchase tickets through Disney will they still send me the magic bands or will I receive these at check in?

Tuvalu

Captain Hook, first off thank you for your feedback. So if I purchase tickets through Disney will they still send me the magic bands or will I receive these at check in?
Once you receive the Disney confirmation number from Orbitz, link that number in your MDE account. It is the room reservation that will trigger the MagicBands, not the tickets. (Though you need to link the tickets too as soon as you receive them, so you can make your FP+ at 60 days from arrival.)

You will receive notification in your MDE account when it is time to customize your MagicBands (color and name imprint). They are usually sent to your home within 30 days of your arrival. If your arrival date is under 2 weeks, your bands will be waiting at check-in.

Remember to cancel your current Pop reservation at least 5 days prior to arrival (if you opt to book through Orbitz) or you will lose your deposit.

Rob562

Orbitz makes it easy to link the reservation to your MDE account. They include both the Disney reservation number and a link to the MDE site within the Orbitz confirmation email. (It's about 2/3 of the way down)

Some other booking sites make it a pain to get that info, and I've read on here of a few companies in the UK that make it downright near impossible to get that info.

-Rob

sillykid

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all your help. As I went to book on Orbitz it seems to want to charge me additional fees for my children guests 3 and 4. My understanding is Disney does not charge for additional children. Is that a way Orbitz can get the price up, or may I be doing something wrong?

You have all been so helpful.

Rob562

Thanks so much for all your help. As I went to book on Orbitz it seems to want to charge me additional fees for my children guests 3 and 4. My understanding is Disney does not charge for additional children. Is that a way Orbitz can get the price up, or may I be doing something wrong?

You have all been so helpful.

Ah. I should have mentioned that before... Go here and scroll down to the section about Orbitz regarding this known issue:
http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-dis...ls/disney-world-resort-hotel-discounts-codes/

Unfortunately from what other posters have said, Orbitz is aware of the issue but has no plans to fix it.

If you book with just the adults in the group and need to add the kids and you can't get anywhere with Orbitz, someone recently suggested calling an office in Disney (Group Bookings, maybe?) and they'll add the children for you. I'll see what I can find.

Edit: It was the Wholesale Travel office.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/booking-orbitz-vs-disney.895583/page-2#post-6537562

Call the WDW Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) and ask to be transferred specifically to Wholesale Travel.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom