Express Passes

JCrane

Original Poster
Can anyone explain the differences between the 2-Park Express Passes priced at $25, $35 and $50? According to Universal's own website they're listed as doing the exact same thing...

Also, seeing as you have to specify a date, I assume that you must attend both parks on the one day? I'd prefer time to visit both Universal and Islands seperately but don't really want the added expense of buying four Express passes...(for me and my gf, twice over!)

Anybody?

disneydaft

Hi,
The different prices apply to different times of the year, the busier it is the more you pay.

Do not buy them in advance unless you are going at a really busy time. You would be pretty annoyed if you bought them then found out that every ride was a walk on.

At quiter times you can easily do the main attractions at both parks without buying an express pass.

When are you going?

JCrane

Original Poster
I'll be there between the 26th Oct-9th November for the Halloween season...which would no doubt be one of the busier times of the year given the hype surrounding Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

Obviously, Disney has their fastpass benefits included on most of their tickets, well, the ones I have bought anyway. Can you buy Express Passes on the day of the visit or do I run the risk of them selling out? I read that they can only provide so many on any given day...

JROK

JCrane said:
I'll be there between the 26th Oct-9th November for the Halloween season...which would no doubt be one of the busier times of the year given the hype surrounding Universal's Halloween Horror Nights.

Obviously, Disney has their fastpass benefits included on most of their tickets, well, the ones I have bought anyway. Can you buy Express Passes on the day of the visit or do I run the risk of them selling out? I read that they can only provide so many on any given day...

Unless you want Halloween Horror Night Express Passes you should be able to purchase your Express the day of... October is a semi-busy period but if you're going to be staying at an on-site hotel, then Express is included with your stay... I highly recommend HHN Express if you are going on a peak night...

JCrane

Original Poster
That's very handy to know as the HHN is pretty much the main reason we're coming at that time of year. How much do the HHN Express Passes go for on average? And does that include all the other regular attractions like Spiderman, Hulk, The Mummy etc...

JROK

JCrane said:
That's very handy to know as the HHN is pretty much the main reason we're coming at that time of year. How much do the HHN Express Passes go for on average? And does that include all the other regular attractions like Spiderman, Hulk, The Mummy etc...

I'm not sure on the price as it changes every year and also fluxuates depending upon the night (peak night Express is more expensive than non-peak)... but yes it does include one ride on the normal attractions like Hulk and Spiderman... If you're going to be there for a while, I really suggest you get a "Frequent Fear Pass" that will allow you to go on every non-peak night... it's not much more than a regular ticket, and you'd get to experience the event a few different nights and wouldn't be rushed to do all the houses and all...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom