Explain the appeal of Test Track

jreuben

As someone who works at Test Track (in the merchandise shop,) I can tell you that guests absolutely adore this ride. True it may not have much of a story to it and thats fine. Its "story" is that it is supposed to replicate various tests found on an automotive proving ground. Guests don't really pay attention to that aspect though, they mostly care about the ending with the high speed loop. During the holidays, the queue for this ride will get close to 4 hours long (no joke on that.) It may not everyone's cup of tea but its extremely popular and the majority of guests love it.
4 hrs is insane and that's not worth it. For ANY ride.

RoadiJeff

Wow, 19 year old thread.

The appeal of Test Track for me is I can go upstairs to the VIP Lounge on a hot summer day and chill out in the AC, enjoy free drinks and use one of the two design kiosks to configure my test track vehicle with no time limit to do so. I'm still trying for 232. I can hang out up there for as long as I want and then they give me a special lanyard to bypass the standby line whenever I'm ready to go back downstairs and go on the ride.

I can take a few guests with me up there if anyone is interested whenever I go back to Epcot.

NickMaio

OK...
Let me start by saying I found a thread from 2002 about your least favorite attraction and the answers were all over the place. Surpising to me, was the number of times IASW showed up, but thats not why I'm here.
For me, General Grizz hit it on the head when he said Test Track.

I feel a little guilty even posting this, because I don't tend to be very negative, but I've never really enjoyed Test Track. To me it seemed like an outdated ride in need of a technology rehab from the day it opened. (and, yes, I know its one of the most technologically sophisticated rides in existence)
I guess I just feel as though I was never really convinced by any of the "road tests" that they stage and never felt drawn into the story.

So, I'm asking all of you Test Track afficionados out there to tell me what it is about TT that really captures your imagination.

Convert me!
Car culture........
Goes back to the 50s.

People simply love cars.
Myself and my son included.

He was vibrating the first time he could ride it.
I'll never forget it.

JIMINYCR

wow holy old thread bump...why did someone bring this back up? TT was better in 1.0 than 2.0. Here's hoping 3.0 is the best one yet.
Cause they dont know enough to look at when it was responded to last. A Newbie to the site. Wants to jump in somewhere on a post that interests them. WDW MAGIC never deletes posts that sit dormant.
Cars on tracks excite multitudes of people. Just wait until MK gets its own version of Cars like DL.

thomas998

Cause they dont know enough to look at when it was responded to last. A Newbie to the site. Wants to jump in somewhere on a post that interests them. WDW MAGIC never deletes posts that sit dormant.
Cars on tracks excite multitudes of people. Just wait until MK gets its own version of Cars like DL.
It would be nice if the site had and archive with no responses possible and if a thread was quiet for maybe 6 months it automatically went to the archive. Otherwise it is often funny how a thread that will sometimes be about something that no longer exists will come back from the dead. Maybe I can find one on 20,000 leagues under the sea and bring it back from Davy Jones' locker.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom