Expedition Everest vs Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
expedition-everest-day-00.jpg

rock-and-roller-coaster-starring-aerosmith-00.jpg

JIMINYCR

EE beats RnRC. IMHO it delivers more thrills and better theming from queue to ride through. Broken Yeti even with what it’s missing with sounds and screens is still more exciting than black lit signs and music.

Kevin_W

EE beats RnRC. IMHO it delivers more thrills and better theming from queue to ride through. Broken Yeti even with what it’s missing with sounds and screens is still more exciting than black lit signs and music.

Pretty much all of this. Just look at that picture of EE and you see the theming of Asia, beautiful trees, and the mountain itself. RnRC is a large box. The views of Everst in the distance from various areas of the park really add a lot to AK.

I like the ride a bit better as well as it is longer and doesn't smack my head into 80's/90's-style restraints.

ppete1975

EEs queue is better than the entirety of RnRC
RnRC is just a roller coaster which is fine, but as far as a disney attraction EE is amazing, storytelling, visuals, a track path that makes sense to the story, the queue is amazing. Its immersion at its best, working yeti or not.

Weather_Lady

I love them both. I don't want to choose! They're both great at doing what they're supposed to do.

I do wish EE got some more attention: if it did, it would be the hands-down winner. Even if they don't fix the Yeti, they could fix the other effects, remove the trash at the top of the mountain, spiff up the animation for the Yeti projection scene (so it actually looks like a shadow from a backlit opening in the mountain and not an obvious cartoon), and fix the spots during the backward section where you have a full view into the scaffolding "guts" of the coaster itself. Those things stick out only because the rest of it is so well-done, and the queue is like a walk-though attraction all by itself.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I love them both. I don't want to choose! They're both great at doing what they're supposed to do.

I do wish EE got some more attention: if it did, it would be the hands-down winner. Even if they don't fix the Yeti, they could fix the other effects, remove the trash at the top of the mountain, spiff up the animation for the Yeti projection scene (so it actually looks like a shadow from a backlit opening in the mountain and not an obvious cartoon), and fix the spots during the backward section where you have a full view into the scaffolding "guts" of the coaster itself. Those things stick out only because the rest of it is so well-done, and the queue is like a walk-though attraction all by itself.
The trash at the top has stood out for a long time and should be addressed. Just another bad behavior that guests continue to do because it’s now something they’ve accepted as what’s done. Start a pattern and allowing it to continue keeps it in place. EE being for a long time a premier attraction that drew guests to AK never should have been neglected. So much needs attention throughout the entire property.

NelleBelle

I couldn't have said it better! The hair band junk/rubbish at the top of EE is just nasty and always irks me. It also irks me every time we go by the Yeti. So there are parts of the ride that I come off of thinking, "geesh, how disgusting are people and really wish they'd be able to fix Yeti." So even though the ride is total fun, I do come off with a few less than positive thoughts. My only complaint when I come off of RnRC is wishing it was longer. Don't care that the props are somewhat cheesy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom