Expedition Everest Questions...

Ituri13

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there are any plans to put animal habitats in the vicinity of Expedition Everest. There are so many really neat animals from the Himalayas that do well in captivity that would be awesome for them to have. Things like red pandas (not much like the giant panda that everyone knows, look kind of like red raccoons), gorals (a goat-antelope relative), snow leopards, lots of colorful pheasants, Pallas' cats, and ibex (wild goats) just to name a few.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
i think at one time there was talk about it but havent really heard anything since............... im sure some of the others would know a lot more.

what better way to entertain yourself in line then to make finger gestures at the animals to see if the mock you.......... terrible i know, actually ive only done it once............ i swear he gave me the bird first!!!

Shaman

I'm interested to know the answer to this as well...I would really like to see actual animal exhibits somewhere in or around this ride be it within the queue in the actual ride (yeti excluded) or as a post show or something...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
objr said:
I'm interested to know the answer to this as well......
i agree, me too.

i think that in the queue more than post show, i would be afraid that since they are animals and they move slower (behaviors, what they are doing) than a 5-6 minutes post show film, people may run by them to get back in line thinking they would have to watch for a long time to see interesting things rather than a post show film is predictable (time and message)

but none the less, i want to see exotic animals in the queue somewhere

EDIT: but would the unpredictability of it be nice :veryconfu

KumbaRider

I would guess that there will be a few, if not several. After all, it is a huge attraction with a lot of space and dense foliage. It should be easy to fit in an exhibit or too, right? I would like to see some small ones in the queue, then maybe a medium sized one with himalayan goats or red racoons tucked behind bamboo pathways or something. I picture it sort of the way Sea World has it with Wild Arctic, except outside, of course, as well as a completely different environment.

Maybe goats for guests in queue, and the racoons post show, with birds and stuff?

Ituri13

Original Poster
I doubt any could actually be on the ride, and they'd only put small animals in the queue, but it sure would be nice to have some over in that vicinity. Asia feels kind of lacking in animals.

erasure fan1

Its a good question but have to think that they will probably just have some small exhibits. With a ride like EE you will have a lot of screaming and it will probably be kinda loud. I know Disney is concerned about spooking the animals.

DarkMeasures

I don't think there will be any animals. I also think there would be no sense in placing animals near Everest. The sound from the ride itself could scare many animals and such. Rollercoasters are usually really really loud. Especially when they do go 55 mph.

DarkMeasures

STR8FAN2005 said:
What I meant is that the animals could be kept in sound-proof enclosures.

I am sorry, but there are no news of sound-proof enclosures. All that is being built is the ride itself, its line, and a restaurant.

Pioneer Hall

I'm not sure, becausw we haven't heard a lot about it from all the talks and announcements about teh attraction. I wouldn't rule it out however, because as you said there is a lot that can go in to the area.

sillyspook13

We're currently in negotiations with the Chinese government to get pandas. We're also looking into Asian elephants.

i hope these work out, but nothing can really happen until Everest is done. :)

Thrawn

Account Suspended
sillyspook13 said:
We're currently in negotiations with the Chinese government to get pandas. We're also looking into Asian elephants.

i hope these work out, but nothing can really happen until Everest is done. :)

Those negotiations have been ongoing for a few years now. Maybe even since before the park opened. Would be cool, but the longer it takes the less and less likely it gets.

RSoxNo1

I would imagine that the Chinese government would be incredibly supportive of the conservation efforts Disney could provide them with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom