Expedition Everest Question

LSUxStitch

I've never ridden the Mummy nor EE (obviously) but from what I've read is that the coaster will feature back and forth motion and track switching. It is comparable to the Mummy, but I believe it will be better lol ;)

TheOneVader

Evesrest is supposed to be completely different from the Mummy, mostly in design. Everest is a roller coaster goigng through Mt. Everest while Mummy is a roller coaster going through Egyptians ruins, or so I've heard (never been on it).

Lee

Adventurer
Impossible to compare the two...they are totally different.
The only similarities are that they both have backward portions (though Everest's is much longer) and are coaster-based ride systems.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy Mummy quite a lot...but Everest is going to eat it for lunch. Period. ;)

LoisMustDie

Everest will be much more similar to Big Thunder Mountain than ROTM...ie speeding past elaborate props outside and a few show scenes inside the mountain. It will be much more intense, however.

LSUxStitch

The_CEO said:
Disney always tops universal. End of discussion.

One Word 3 Syllables....

Spiderman

I know I know, I hate to say it as much as any other Disney person, but they got us on that one.

dizknee

I agree Spiderman is my All time favorite ride ever. But I must admit that I have not been on M: S yet. I'll have to get to that in September.

I also have a question for the experts. What are the chances of the scaffolding being down around Everest in September. Just having it in the background without the scaffolds would be great photo ops.

dizknee

Not from me. I am Disney Disney Disney .... I do not even fit Universal into my travel plans anymore. Been there done that.

LSUxStitch

jsfra209 said:
Hate to say it, but Spiderman is really really awesome.. I hate that Universal did it first!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :fork:

Someone correct me if I am wrong, But I heard that the original ride layout (not the spiderman theming), was being built and designed by Disney Imagineers. Some problem had come up and the Imagineers left Disney for Universal and brought the plans to them. Then Universal took the ride layout and added the Spiderman theme.

I could be wrong, but a guy I lived with on the CP read all kinds of Disney books and he had told me that.

LoisMustDie

LSUxStitch said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong, But I heard that the original ride layout (not the spiderman theming), was being built and designed by Disney Imagineers. Some problem had come up and the Imagineers left Disney for Universal and brought the plans to them. Then Universal took the ride layout and added the Spiderman theme.

I could be wrong, but a guy I lived with on the CP read all kinds of Disney books and he had told me that.
Actually you are correct, in a way. They were FORMER Imagineers. They were let go in the early 90s. The attraction that you are referring to was the never-built "D ick Tracy's Crimestoppers" at MGM. The former Imagineers took the layout, theme, etc. from that attraction (which was also supposed to be interactive much like Buzz Lightyear) and made both Spider-Man and Men In Black with those ideas.

So yes, for those keeping score: even Universal's "original" attractions were never really original.

Lynx04

LSUxStitch said:

Actually ITEC Productions is behind the Spiderman ride system, not Disney Imagineers, nor UC.

The funny thing is, if you check their website it lists Disney Imagineering as one of their clients. I wonder what attractions they have help Disney with.

Lynx04

LoisMustDie said:
Who were comprised of former Imagineers.

Some could argue that they were once Universal Creative or even in the worked for other theme parks. Many Imagineers worked at one time or another with Disney, Universal, or even Six Flags. Just because they worked for Disney at one time doesn't make Disney responsible for every creation that they come up with at another company. These imagineers don't get super powers when they work for Disney, they bring the same ideas to the table at other companies as well. It up to the company to move forward with the idea or reject it.

Don't forget that these creative ideas are spawned by people, not a company. I don't think it is right to give one company credit for the ideas of people just because the worked there once.

LoisMustDie

Lynx04 said:
Some could argue that they were once Universal Creative or even in the worked for other theme parks. Many Imagineers worked at one time or another with Disney, Universal, or even Six Flags. Just because they worked for Disney at one time doesn't make Disney responsible for every creation that they come up with at another company. These imagineers don't get super powers when they work for Disney, they bring the same ideas to the table at other companies as well. It up to the company to move forward with the idea or reject it.

Don't forget that these creative ideas are spawned by people, not a company. I don't think it is right to give one company credit for the ideas of people just because the worked there once.
Thank you for pointing that out, but yes I realize this. My point was that these PARTICULAR ex-Imagineers (who worked on D ick Tracy until they were let go when the ride was abandoned) brought their ideas (which were already proposed for a Disney attraction) and used them for SM and MIB. I should have been clearer in my response, I know. But this is almost the exact situation as the Dragon's Tower/Dueling Dragons story, albeit less obvious.

Glasgow

What's wrong with Universal having a few good rides? I think both Spiderman and The Mummy were fantastic, and I view that as being good for Disney (and us) since it pushes Disney to try and one-up them. See what I mean?

Good job Universal! haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom