Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain vs Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Which is the better ride?

• Total voters

DisneyAndUniversalFan

Original Poster
expedition-everest-day-00.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2Fa864c254-f411-4b17-9030-e0db5b8ec507_950x633.jpeg

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't even compare these two. Expedition Everest is a more conventional coaster, and it's fun, but Guardians is a very different ride. I love both, but like Guardians more.

DisneyFanatic12

I wouldn't even compare these two. Expedition Everest is a more conventional coaster, and it's fun, but Guardians is a very different ride. I love both, but like Guardians more.
I agree that Guardians is a better physical ride, but boy is EE themed well! For the sole reason I have to go with EE, it’s just visually stunning!

And for the exact same reason, I’d vote BTMRR over Guardians as my favorite roller coaster ride. The ride itself might not be as good, but BTMRR is just amazing to me.

zipadee999

I have to go with Guardians as a complete package attraction. Everest is one of the top-tier E tickets, but I’ve always found the ride to be a bit short. The mountain is one of the greatest structures Disney has ever built, but only two cool things happen inside the mountain, one of which has been broken for years. To me, most of the ride feels like you’re just going through helixes at the base of the mountain, even during the fast part after the main drop. The ride would earn more points for me if it had more interaction with the mountain outside of the very top backwards segment, indoor section, and yeti at the end. If you look at something like Big Thunder, you’re inside and outside the mountain dozens of times throughout the layout, making it feel more interactive. I love Everest and consider it a true masterpiece, but Guardians has always felt like a much more complete experience with the preshows, queue effects, characters/dialogue, length, thrill, and music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom