EWP project update 2014

Tomorrowsphere

Original Poster
As you know I have been working on a reconstruction of the 1971 electrical water pageant (ewp). The project has been somewhat on hiatus. I have also been informed and given much more details. Hopefully, I will be able to take the time needed to correct and modify the video I produced. Thanks to a very informed individual, I have been able to piece together a very accurate outline of the original ewp.

Here is what I have learned:
• The serpent did not have animated fire in 1971
• The gold fish float did not exist. it was the three mermaid float.
• The Neptune float was a different design, much more cartoony. Neptune is riding in a shell like coach with a mermaid on his lap. as far as image given me, shows.
• The music was the Baroque Hoedown, but it was more repetitive and did not have any other music motifs like the 1973 picture record.
• Each float appeared with a sound effect..electronic woosh sound.
• The EWP appeared as it does, the floats appearing one at a time, followed by the patriotic ending, after the patriotic fanfare, the creature floats would reappear. Following the floats, there would be a firework show. I am unsure how long that lasted (years)

Other information:
• I have collected the different designs of the octopus floats including the 8 or more different face designs and color changes.
• I found footage of the red squid from the 1975ish ewp. It is not of the best quality, but I can manage to get it very accurate.
• Turtle float design changes over the years.

As I have collected this information, images and footage, I am able to piece together a visual history of the EWP...I may put together a pdf of the info I have found so that it can be shared. If anyone has any info, memories, film, or anything that would help make this project a success I would greatly appreciate it. The EWP is a treasure worth preservation.

Thank you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom