everest on the 7th april

metman

Original Poster
we will be in orlando staying on property on this day and my question is why are we as paying disney customers not allowed to go and watch the grand opening
we now it will be busy and the lines huge but to see something new being opened would be amazing and that is why we chose to go for these dates
but i see tonight that the media have it all to themselves is this disney policy has anyone else been about when a new ride has officialy opened

anyone

thanks andy

EpcotServo

I'm very (95%) sure that EE will be open on the 7th. Think about it, why would they sell an opening day pin when the ride never opened on that day? Disney's never done that. It would just be stupid. Now on the 6th or 5th, it'll most likely be closed.

HandyAndy

Is there any possibility of it opening in the afternoon? As I will be going to AK once in the holidays, and as i am an avid pin collector, i want to get the jumbo pin on opening day. I still have not ride everest and really really want to!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
My info is currently saying Everest will be closed to guests on the 6th and 7th for the media event. This would also fit in with past grand opening events.

peter11435

EpcotServo said:
I'm very (95%) sure that EE will be open on the 7th. Think about it, why would they sell an opening day pin when the ride never opened on that day? Disney's never done that. It would just be stupid. Now on the 6th or 5th, it'll most likely be closed.
Actually Disney has done that many times. For example Mission: Space was not open to regular guests on its official opening date. Yet they still released an opening day pin. The ride officially opens April 7, but that doesn't mean it will be open to regular guests on that day. Think about April 7 is really just a ceremonial date. For all intents and purposes Everest has already been open.

EpcotServo

peter11435 said:
Actually Disney has done that many times. For example Mission: Space was not open to regular guests on its official opening date. Yet they still released an opening day pin. The ride officially opens April 7, but that doesn't mean it will be open to regular guests on that day. Think about April 7 is really just a ceremonial date. For all intents and purposes Everest has already been open.
I remember M:S being open on the 15th. (Does anyone know for a fact if it was? I guess I was wrong, but I'd like to know more.) And am I the only one who hates how they do it. That dosen't mean it's a "grand opening" at all. Like how unfairly we were all treated on May 5th. They did nothing for guests whatsoever. How unfair is that....the people who deserve to be at a ride's grand opening, never get to go.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
EpcotServo said:
I remember M:S being open on the 15th. (Does anyone know for a fact if it was? I guess I was wrong, but I'd like to know more.) And am I the only one who hates how they do it. That dosen't mean it's a "grand opening" at all. Like how unfairly we were all treated on May 5th. They did nothing for guests whatsoever. How unfair is that....the people who deserve to be at a ride's grand opening, never get to go.

I do agree it would be nice to do something for the fans. I guess for the regular guests, the bonus is having the soft open period.

askmike1

Disney has to decide who they want to advertise to... a few thousand guests or the press who will, in turn, tell the rest of the world (which stands at about 6.6 billion people) :)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think a good compromise would be to have the media events, and then some kind of public grand opening events, with maybe giveaways or something of that nature.

peter11435

EpcotServo said:
Mission: Space officaly opened on October 9. The official opening on October 9th was for invited guests only. No regualar guests were able to ride.

What you are talking about is August 15, which was the date M:S officialy opened for soft openings. That was not the attractions official opening date.

EpcotServo

wdwmagic said:
I think a good compromise would be to have the media events, and then some kind of public grand opening events, with maybe giveaways or something of that nature.
I agree. They need to do an opening event for the press the night before, then have an opening event for guests in the morning. That would be fair. Instead guests get "We're sorry that you can't enjoy Expedition Everest, or witness a once in a lifetime event around the ride, but we do invite you to give us $39.95 for a large pin!" :veryconfu :mad:
(Oh yea, that's what happened on the 15th. I was just going by the date on the M:S Eyes & Ears. Thanks.)

djmatthews

Does anybody think there’s going to be some form of announcement made at the media event? There are an awful lot of rumours flying around. I guess Nemo Musical will be mentioned, but what about the other parks? Something for Epcot’s anniversary? It would be nice to get excited about something BIG again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom