Ever meet Walt?

X-S TECHFOREVER

Original Poster
With all his ideas, he made the most best and magical place on earth!BUT! has anyone known him or saw him?..........Family or any person that is close to you.

I know he died along time ago,but some of you might have grandparents or somebody who knew him back in the day?

Chape19714

no, i was not alive when he was. i don't think my family has either. I talked to man inline for Splash Mountian who claimed he met Walt on Opening day of WDW!! :hammer: :hammer: :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

I actually had the joy of meeting Walt for quite some time and he walked me around DL and pointed out little things that he wanted specifically and things that were added to his surprise (for the better). It was the greatest thing I can ever remember.

Of course, it was in my dream but I still met him and that's all that matter! :lol: Now on a serious note, a very close family friend of ours was at DL on opening day (they were friends with the mayor and got tickets) and were able to see Walt. I'm still waiting to see those pictures from them and maybe get some scanned and on here. I'm VERY jealous of him for meeting Walt. He thinks he might even have a picture of himself with Walt actually.

Billy6

As a matter of fact...When I was at WDW just recently(june04) My dad and I were looking for a book that showed the history or WDW and how it was built...And to my surprise, he said to me that his grandfather(his father's father) went to grade school with Walt, and were very good friends. True Story... He said they grew up around the Chicago area, when they were children... I was kinda dumbfounded but excited at the same time, cause my family tree had actually crossed paths with WD... not only did they cross paths, they were friends... No wonder i like WDW so much....

WDWScottieBoy

Billy6 said:
He said they grew up around the Chicago area, when they were children

Walt did grow up in Chicago for the first couple years of his life before moving to Marceline, MO and then back to Chicago in 1917. I will have pictures of his two Chicago houses as soon as I can make it into the city, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. I guess it's been pretty bad in the city. I was going to go there yesterday but Madonna was having a concert and Oceans 12 is currently being filmed. I won't let them stop me next time, keep on the look-out for these pictures to come soon.

RogueHabit

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
That must be so cool. If I ever met Walt I would have so many questions I wouldnt even know were to begin.
Well if I ever met him now, I'd have more questions about the meeting place than Disney!!! :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom