Ever had a awkward encounter at Disney?

Cmdr_Crimson

During my 2005 trip I was celebrating my Birthday so I had got the birthday button (at the time when they were park themed) I was at DHS and was walking through Villians in Vogue and the store was pretty nuch empty when a CM came up to me and said "Oh, it's your Birthday I see." I aknowledged it and said "yes it is!" The next thing I know the CM pulls our a tuning harmonica, plays a high note, it got quiet for a second..Then all I heard was...."This your Birthday song..It isn't very long.." (sung in the key of Tah Rah Rah Boom de yeh)....Then he stared at me until I said thanks as I slowly walked out backing away as he was still smiling.....Very awkward..
8481419.gif

YangGang2020

5 years ago my wife, who was pregnant with our second child, our oldest and I were at wdw during flower and garden. While at Disney springs my wife decided we needed to own anything and everything in world of Disney that somehow had to do with a newborn. I'm the one stuck carrying it all and the place is packed. While trying to keep up with her sifting through the crowds I trip and drop everything, and while crashing to the ground I let out a big fart. No one could hear it because it was so loud in there. Then 1 cm and 3 random people stopped to help and immediately realized their mistake. I had a big grin as I was thanking them. As I was walking away my wife said it smells like one of those people crapped their pants 🤣

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
5 years ago my wife, who was pregnant with our second child, our oldest and I were at wdw during flower and garden. While at Disney springs my wife decided we needed to own anything and everything in world of Disney that somehow had to do with a newborn. I'm the one stuck carrying it all and the place is packed. While trying to keep up with her sifting through the crowds I trip and drop everything, and while crashing to the ground I let out a big fart. No one could hear it because it was so loud in there. Then 1 cm and 3 random people stopped to help and immediately realized their mistake. I had a big grin as I was thanking them. As I was walking away my wife said it smells like one of those people crapped their pants 🤣
Uh, it's only awkward if you're embarrassed about it. You clearly take entirely too much pride in this event for it to be considered "awkward."

sdemore

This past December my DH and I took a long planned retirement trip (41 years as a teacher). At the airport (5 AM) a young man came up to me and said hello. He was a student I taught 20 years ago, and with him was his 6 yr. old daughter who would have been in my class this year. The second day at Disney we were walking through the lobby of the Yacht Club and I hear " OMG that is my third grade teacher, Mrs. D." Then she comes running across the lobby. It turns out I taught her 30 yrs. ago and she has been working at the YC for the last 10 yrs. Finally, the 3rd day of our trip I was in the gift shop at WL and I hear "A., come here, your teacher is here!" A. was a student I had last year. What an amazing series of meetings to take place during my retirement trip!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
This past December my DH and I took a long planned retirement trip (41 years as a teacher). At the airport (5 AM) a young man came up to me and said hello. He was a student I taught 20 years ago, and with him was his 6 yr. old daughter who would have been in my class this year. The second day at Disney we were walking through the lobby of the Yacht Club and I hear " OMG that is my third grade teacher, Mrs. D." Then she comes running across the lobby. It turns out I taught her 30 yrs. ago and she has been working at the YC for the last 10 yrs. Finally, the 3rd day of our trip I was in the gift shop at WL and I hear "A., come here, your teacher is here!" A. was a student I had last year. What an amazing series of meetings to take place during my retirement trip!
Say it with me: "It's a small world after all..."

Parker in NYC

On my last trip, I hopped into the Minnie Van I'd ordered at MK, when I heard yelling and pounding on the passenger window. I opened the door and a blusterous man told me I'd got in the van he had called. His wife then told me to get the "f" out (in front of their two adorable children, so sweet). Embarrassed, I offered my apologies and stepped out. The gentleman flipped me the bird. Settling back under the canopy. I heard more shouting and yelling inside the van and after a minute or so, the door opened and the family got out (the father, bumping my shoulder as he passed by). The driver then got out and opened the passenger door for me. I said it was the wrong vehicle and asked what happened? He said, "I've sent them to guest services, where are you headed, sir?"

Moral of the story: don't take a Minnie Van unless you're trying to get a boarding group for Rise of the Resistance. And furthermore, don't hop into the wrong van by accident (elementary knowledge). It was an awkward situation because I felt badly and still feel badly to this day. But they told me to F off, so whatever!

SamPR810

I once had a young woman approach me on teacups, my family had split up with us agreeing to meet back up later.

So she waves at me a couple times during the ride; and she looked to be about 18-22, so I just politely smiled back. So as I'm walking away she runs up and says, "I know it's a little awkward; but will you ride Haunted Mansion with me, I'm too scared to go alone."

Being as cautious as I could, I ID her to make sure she's over 18 and sure enough she is. I decide that it must've been hard for her to ask and decide to go with her.

We start hitting it off and she's pretty cute; but cute wears off soon as she starts giving me her life story.... man I felt for her; but that wasn't anything I needed to be too involved with.

I saw her a few times the next day; but would just avoid her to prevent having to explain this all to my family.

Lilofan

About 20 years ago there was bumper to bumper traffic on Osceola Prky near ESPN sports complex. The traffic was not moving. I peered down the road and saw which looked like a 10 foot alligator crossing the road very slowly. No one got out of their cars from where I could see.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I once had a young woman approach me on teacups, my family had split up with us agreeing to meet back up later.

So she waves at me a couple times during the ride; and she looked to be about 18-22, so I just politely smiled back. So as I'm walking away she runs up and says, "I know it's a little awkward; but will you ride Haunted Mansion with me, I'm too scared to go alone."

Being as cautious as I could, I ID her to make sure she's over 18 and sure enough she is. I decide that it must've been hard for her to ask and decide to go with her.

We start hitting it off and she's pretty cute; but cute wears off soon as she starts giving me her life story.... man I felt for her; but that wasn't anything I needed to be too involved with.
Ultimate adolescent male fantasy realized... and discarded.

Disney.Mike

I have found the French servers very condescending several times to the point that I stopped going. I don't care how great the food is there. I get enough disrespect at my job and I am definitely not going to patronize a business that is disrespectful toward me.

Shortest Book in the World: French Hospitality

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom