Evening xtra hours - worth it?

fargosteve

Original Poster
We are going in late Sept, and were thinking of doing MK on the xtra evening hour day. Is the park too crowded those days?

zjer

With how slow the parks are already that time of year, I would say avoid parks that have EMH that day...Unless you just really want to be at that park later into the evening. I almost always avoid EMH.

NeedABreak

I would have to disagree. We go in the off season and love EMH, morning and night. Its really great when you like to head back to the hotel around midday, or hit a water park. You can go back to the park in the evening and get more time to enjoy the park.

We did TOT and RNR marathon style. Give it a try.

campdisney

I think it really depends on the time of year you go.

I don't know about Sept as we've never been to WDW at that time of year.

We went in Jan/Feb value season and the late EMH were a blast! The whole family had a wonderful time and we practically walked right on many of the rides at both MK and Epcot.

GrowingUpDisney

We always avoid the EMH park during the day and then go at night when the EMH start. We especially enjoy MK EMH as the sun is down and it is not as hot holding a three year old in the outdoor lines.

I hope you have a grerat trip - We too will be down at the end of Sept.

Niki

ears2you

i love the MK late nights. Especialy when you can stay in the park till 3am. Best time to get stuff done, without the attack of the strollers!!!

steviej

every time I took advantage of emh, I have always had great luck with crowd sizes. I would recommend taking advantage.

Lucky

We arrived at AK last Wednesday at 5, just in time for evening EMH. It looked very crowded at first, but a big storm came through and chased many of them away. We ate at Pizzafari (mostly deserted) until the rain stopped, and then in the last hour and a half did PrimEvil Whirl, Dinosaur, Safari, Kali and Everest. No waiting anywhere but Everest.

WDWCP

It absolutely and totally depends on the time of year. When you go in off-peak times, EMH's don't usually affect the size of the crowds during the day and the hours are great at night, making it real easy to go through your favorite rides over and over and over.

However, it's a bit of a different story in peak times. My experience has been that EMH hasn't really affected the size of the crowds during the day, but during the actual evening EMH's the crowds have been just horrible. As an example, I was in MK in June and waited for about 35 minutes for Haunted Mansion during the day. Later that same night during EMH, the wait was roughly 55-60 min for Haunted Mansion. We found this to be the case all over the park and at other parks.

My best guess is that you have some people that go to the park that day specifically because it has the EMH later that night. You also have people that stay away from a park specifically because it's an EMH day. That seems to roughly balance each other out. When the EMH draw near, you'll find a LOT of people park hopping into that particular park to do the EMH. That makes for a VERY crowded park during the EMH.

Off peak times there are just so many fewer guests that this doesn't have as much of an impact. Off peak times are usually much cooler as well, so when you have guests that are in the park for off-peak visits, not only are they able to get through MANY more attractions in a day due to smaller crowds, they also aren't nearly as burned out and tired because it isn't so hot outside. This means that there are a lot of people that feel they've done everything (I know we all know that isn't actually possible) in the park that day and don't need to stay for EMH.

This is just my opinion though. I'm sure some will agree with me and others will not...:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom