News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

TheEPCOTHistorian

In the Parks
Yes
Besides drones what else would attract a lot of attention? As Steve had mentioned. 🤔
I'm going to be honest, the biggest lesson that Disney needs to take from this is that a proper lagoon show doesn't  need anything else. The kites failed. The barges failed. At what point do they realize that the globe wasn't what made I:ROE good?

jpinkc

For some reason that I cant fathom, Disney has forgotten that its the feeling of the shows (Harm and Enchantment). Enchantment isnt as bad as HARM. But we didnt think it was as good as Happily or Wishes. My kids never got to see any of the older shows. Wishes is still my number one. I felt both of theses shows felt soulless in comparison to what came before. I only 🙏 that Happily comes back without too many changes. I just hope they can get back to making a show that has a HEART!!

ToTBellHop

I'm going to be honest, the biggest lesson that Disney needs to take from this is that a proper lagoon show doesn't  need anything else. The kites failed. The barges failed. At what point do they realize that the globe wasn't what made I:ROE good?
It was the narration by Winnie the Pooh. Bring him back and we are all set.

trainplane3

Just jamming characters into things don't help shows. Look at Rivers of Light. It got middling reviews for the initial version. They relaunched it for We Are One and it got even worse reviews. All the IP did was break up the flow of the show with some of the worse audio cuts I've heard in a show in a long time.

I'm wondering if they'll learn how to integrate a good show, music, and IP in a way that actually works.

Jrb1979

Just jamming characters into things don't help shows. Look at Rivers of Light. It got middling reviews for the initial version. They relaunched it for We Are One and it got even worse reviews. All the IP did was break up the flow of the show with some of the worse audio cuts I've heard in a show in a long time.

I'm wondering if they'll learn how to integrate a good show, music, and IP in a way that actually works.
Why have IP at all. Base the show on the countries that are part of World Showcase.

Vinnie Mac

Besides drones what else would attract a lot of attention? As Steve had mentioned. 🤔
He mentioned it'd have people coming to Epcot "just to see the show". So clearly disney has some tricks up their sleeve if the show is gonna have something that keeps people coming back to see it.

ToTBellHop

He mentioned it'd have people coming to Epcot "just to see the show". So clearly disney has some tricks up their sleeve if the show is gonna have something that keeps people coming back to see it.
Right, and drones aren’t that for me.

Now, if there are hundreds of chocolate fountains around the Promenade? I’d come back for that again and again.

Squishy

A ideal concept would have the drones form a full 180 behind the world showcase pavilions or have multiple sets of them, each set being at a different pavilion. This would require a lot of drones and a decent amount of money, but money isn't a problem 🤷‍♂️
1674180313490.png

mattpeto

Right, and drones aren’t that for me.

Now, if there are hundreds of chocolate fountains around the Promenade? I’d come back for that again and again.
I think it’s because nobody here can figure out what they are doing in the middle of the lagoon. We have a clue that sightlines won’t be a problem and that’s it.

We know drones have made some nice effects elsewhere and it seems like an easy integration.

If I had to make a wild guess, the new show will be tied heavily into Illuminations, but with barge tech that is mobile or flat to keep the aesthetics clean.

They know a return of Illuminations will be popular with the uber-Epcot fans and that will keep adults in the park sticking around, filling up restaurants and buying up viewing parties. And heck, HEA returning is the PoC here…

But to reach the younger demographics, they are going to have to be creative. IP is mostly a showstopper on this forum, but it can work and can help make entertaining for little Johnny and little Susie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom