News EPCOT's Harmonious to be replaced with new nighttime spectacular Luminous

trainplane3

Not on the cards that I know of
Nothing against you but...
You've got to be kidding. Sightlines are a legitimate issue with the show. It doesn't matter how many screens there are flacking the middle barge, people want to see the entire show and not feel like they're missing out.

If the content is better, I'll shut up for a bit at least. It can't get much worse then what it is now.

jrhwdw

I’m honestly shocked they didn’t give animal kingdom a nighttime world of color type of fountain show in that theater…it wouldn’t scare the animals and would be a nice thing to have in animal kingdom
I'm still Shocked that ROL didn't survive COVID! I don't believe it was on the Chopping Block before COVID entered the US.....

Same with SWAGS at DHS! Although, it wasn't as good as the SWW Pyro........

Vinnie Mac

I may be in the minority but I'm pretty bummed about this. Thought Harm was a lot better of a show than most people give it credit for, would love to see it stick around for a few years.
Agreed. I'm a little bit sad about it but I am very intrigued. I look forward to all the speculation between now and then.

gerarar

Premium Member
That's what I'm gonna miss the most about Harmonious. Very energetic and passionate finale. Great on video, amazing in person.
Me too. That's the only part of the show I watch these days; skim the video to the last 3 minutes.

If they somehow rework the Someday finale into the new show, I wouldn't be against that. I like the multiple perimeters launchers going off in sequence. It's really a beauty around the lagoon.

Comped

Knowing this company's track record with shows, we're goign to see fewer fireworks and more projections. And likely not in the world of colour way.

heapster411

After reading everyone else's opinion, I guess I will throw in my 2 cents; With the Imagineering power of Disney, the Money that Ole' Bob is squeezing out of us, It SHOULD be over the top. But as we have seen in the past two shows they have brought us, my expectation is unbearably low. ROL was a masterpiece IMHO, and Epcot Forever, even though temporary should have been equal if not better. Harmonious, being for their 50th, should have been breathtaking, but as we have seen, wasn't. After watching it on You-tube on the first night, I was amazed at how empty it was. So Disney, "What Ya Got?". Are we going to be so impressed that words that will never describe how we feel, or are there going to be SO many words to describe the let down and frustration? I will relinquish the soapbox now. Speak amongst yourselves.

jrhwdw

Me too. That's the only part of the show I watch these days; skim the video to the last 3 minutes.

If they somehow rework the Someday finale into the new show, I wouldn't be against that. I like the multiple perimeters launchers going off in sequence. It's a beauty to see a full 360° of 'em.
It's too bad they don't do the Perimeters in the Center of WSL if it's too windy like they did for ROE.

Nautilus

I'd like to see an Epcot Forever type show come back for the anniversary. Can't wait for the alien barges to go away. I did like Harmonious more than I was anticipating, but the alien barges still need to go.

JohnD

Nothing against you but...
You've got to be kidding. Sightlines are a legitimate issue with the show. It doesn't matter how many screens there are flacking the middle barge, people want to see the entire show and not feel like they're missing out.

If the content is better, I'll shut up for a bit at least. It can't get much worse then what it is now.
You asked if a sphere were returning. They answered “No” to that specific question.

JohnD

As it states that it will end at the 50th...Does this mean an in-between version Illuminations or the Return of Epcot Forever for the 40th.????🤔
The 40th is this October 1 so not likely. So it sounds like the current show will run at least through March 30. Whether there is an in-between or direct to new show, who knows?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom